Liberating Titan Base's Special Ops Team

By angelicdoctor, in Adventure: Operation – Shell Game

As a Game Master, I would have appreciated some NPC stats for the imprisoned team members just for convenience sake to include current Wound and Strain thresholds as a result of their incarcerated and for some, their tortured status.

To the forum, how would you 'stat out' these characters?

Also, if the player characters decided to try and physically move those who could not move under their own power, assuming that the player characters resort to physically carrying those applicable Alliance prisoners, how might this affect their movement through the facility mechanically? Their ability to defend in the event that they are attacked by the Imperials during the resuce attempt?

I do find interesting the dilemma this may place the players in. Attempt to rescue the team and perhaps suffer total failure or leave the team in their state of detention for the sake of delivering to the Alliance the primary objective? In essence sacrificing life in order to acheive the primary goal. I am not sure about your players but this predicament would prove a difficult one for mine.

Good points. They don't seem to flag it as such, but it does seem like a morality choice.

Depends on their type of Duty, I suppose... Someone with 'Personnel' would want to bring the prisoners back alive...

Edited by Maelora

Access to stim packs and medicine rolls that can remove critical injuries in short order can get these people back on their feet in no time.

Access to stim packs and medicine rolls that can remove critical injuries in short order can get these people back on their feet in no time.

True, but such things will be in limited supply, if this is the players first game. Using up stim packs on the prisoners means those stims won't be available in later battles. Using the Medicine skill is a good way to heal up the prisoners, but making a Medicine check for every prisoner will take some time; time that the station's leaders can use to get a bunch of stormtroopers in position to attack. I'm not saying that healing the prisoners is a bad idea, just that there are trade-offs.

True, but such things will be in limited supply, if this is the players first game. Using up stim packs on the prisoners means those stims won't be available in later battles. Using the Medicine skill is a good way to heal up the prisoners, but making a Medicine check for every prisoner will take some time; time that the station's leaders can use to get a bunch of stormtroopers in position to attack. I'm not saying that healing the prisoners is a bad idea, just that there are trade-offs.

We demanded some as equipment before we left and gambled to get some money together for more stim packs. We also raided the shuttle's supply and acquired some from the hammer. Given how obviously useful they were going to be on a life-and-death mission, it seemed like a no-brainer.

We demanded some as equipment before we left and gambled to get some money together for more stim packs. We also raided the shuttle's supply and acquired some from the hammer. Given how obviously useful they were going to be on a life-and-death mission, it seemed like a no-brainer.

The players should prepare and get all the stim packs they can. However, stims can only heal 15 would/day on a given player. Medicine checks can add in a bit more. But, healing is still a limited resource that players could run out of. My real point is that players have to be careful how they spend their resources.

Check "Perlemian Haul", the adventure at the final product, is what Shell Game could be. Also look up "Dead in the Water - Galaxy Master kit". Both of thier story and structure is a good template for any capital ship takeover. They inspire you to make better of Shell Game's concept.