Few advanced questions

By Hroost, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Hi there!

Am GM for a some time long and absolutely lovin thet game as much as chaos alone.

Through my sessions i've started to wonder about some issues in rules, here they are - please help me with some:

1) In ToB there was a special trate form mounts - reinforced - means that SM could ride it, and only then - that trait is ONLY in ToB... it referes also to beast (and organical mounts I assume) - but in ToE there is not such trait.... also Disc of Tzeench in ToF doesn't have it... so whats that? is it deliberately or creators simply have forgotten of that trait? can SM ride on mounts in ToE or ToF? (i also assume thet yes, but what is going with the reinforced trait? is it just one-book stuff?),

2) there are few new talents in ToE - but what with alignment? is there any appropriate table or sth? if i choose one what it does with alingment path? which god is assosciated?

3) Favoured by the warp talent - is not triggered when there are perils of the warp, is it in situation when I roll on PotW table or even when rolling in Psychic Phenomenon Table - result 75+? for example i pushed and in PP table i rolled 76 - can i trigger another rol from favoured by the Warp talent or not? i think yes - becouse it is a tier 3 talent but literally interpreting - no clue,

4) some mutation have specific further features in particular god's path, but what with unaligned characters? they are alligned with all of the gods so can such PC take one of the following effects for example in Tail mutation?

5) I have all the books and think this is brilliant stuff, but i have a strange impression that Lesser Deamons such a Deamonettes, Horrors, Bloodletters, Plaguebearers are underpowered... - just that deamons (except Great ones) in rule book are worst than in the following supplement ones, am i correct? there is no problem for SM to kick that deamons out of one's way - i know that i can modify statistics but for simple mechanic, what u think?

6) SM power armour have 8all and 10 body armour value, but in Rubric Marine Table in ToF i cannot find that 10armour on body... is that another bug?

i appreciate any help, and sorry for language - am not a native English,

cheers!

3) Favoured by the warp talent - is not triggered when there are perils of the warp, is it in situation when I roll on PotW table or even when rolling in Psychic Phenomenon Table - result 75+? for example i pushed and in PP table i rolled 76 - can i trigger another rol from favoured by the Warp talent or not? i think yes - becouse it is a tier 3 talent but literally interpreting - no clue

Its is there to help psychic phenomena. However, once you've rolled a Perils of the Warp result, I think you're stuck with that. That means something's really gone wrong.

5) I have all the books and think this is brilliant stuff, but i have a strange impression that Lesser Deamons such a Deamonettes, Horrors, Bloodletters, Plaguebearers are underpowered... - just that deamons (except Great ones) in rule book are worst than in the following supplement ones, am i correct? there is no problem for SM to kick that deamons out of one's way - i know that i can modify statistics but for simple mechanic, what u think?

Marines tend to be really powerful. Disciples of Chaos tend to have more problems. If you think they're underpowered, you can always increase the numbers you're facing - or even use hordes.

Also, note that whilst daemons aren't that hard to kill, they have quite a few dirty tricks at their disposal. Daemonic presence is a good weapon, especially since chaos marines aren't practicallty speaking immune to insanity and fear in the way their loyalist cousins are.

6) SM power armour have 8all and 10 body armour value, but in Rubric Marine Table in ToF i cannot find that 10armour on body... is that another bug?

Reinforced chest plate is an optional component of legion powered armour; I don't believe all chaos marines get it as standard. It's in the same category as the Sustainable Power Source , or Osmotic Gill , or Pain Suppressors . You don't get all of them on each suit. Non-player characters usually aren't given any.

(...) especially since chaos marines aren't practicallty speaking immune to insanity and fear in the way their loyalist cousins are (...) in my opinion that rule (also in wh40k battle - know no fear) is really ridiculous. I mean - CSM have seen and experienced more nightmarish stuff than normal SM, especially all traitor legionaires - Death Guard running with fear away from the lesser deamon while SM recruit doesn't sounds like pile of ... . ;)

thanks for the armour answer but what with others? also i would like to get 100% sure answer on Favoured of the Warp talent. Its 3 tier and really do not so much, its just too expensive, isn't it?

In my game i use rak'gul's as enemies against my players... all in all in ranged (as a horde) they are decent antagonist while in melee ( as 1:1) they are almost equal...

Heretics is naturally more resistant against fear ( in rules they got a -10 to all difficulty to resist fear) also many of the archetypes got some sort of bonus to these things too.

4 . No if you are undecided you got 2 rolls to decide your mutation... end of story

6. old power armors are not as god as mark 7 or 8 which is the standard for imperial marines. Most of the chaos space marines armor are scavenged, jury-rigged and some times possessed or mutated....

1. yes the lack of trait.. not a big deal gm should decide such thing give reinforced or not..

3. favored by warp roll twice for phenomena choose the least wrong. if you hit the perils no 2nd roll... ( see for the view of the chaos gods they forgot smaller botches but if they want (and they want be sure on that) they can torture you. That's the peril side of psy using)

5. lesser daemons go in mobs thats why they are just lesser. But sure it is depends on the gm and the play-style:

• high fantasy - 1 daemon
  • dark fantasy - 1 daemon for every character
  • horror - twice the time than the players
  • grimdark - no less than 20 plus 1 for every player and non player character....

1) I'd say they just forgot about it. Homerule it.

2) The unwritten rule: If there's no alignment, it's Unaligned. Feel free to homerule it if you feel it's wrong.

3) Corebook p. 81 Favoured by the Warp - WP 35 - Roll twice for Psychic Phenomena and choose.
That's how we play. And the talent description, I think, means no rerolls on Perils table, not on Perils section of Psychic Phenomena table (75+).
Human Psykers take this trait to push (+5 PR => +25 to the roll), I've seen both rolls ending up in Perils oh so many times.

4) Corebook, p.290
Many Gifts of the Gods has (have?) two effects. The first describes those that apply to every character who receives the Gift, whether or not they are aligned to a specific Chaos God. The second effect is applied to those who have embraced a specifi c Dark God—these characters benefit from both effects.

Unaligned roll twice on the table, but don't get god-specific stuff.

Udachi

Edited by Korrh

Lesser Daemons are not meant to be tougher than Marines. Look at their TT statlines.

That said, a Bloodletter can easily kill a Marine in melee combat. Easily.

also for 2. question

all talents contain they alignment in their headline

Example:

"Beloved Leader

Tier: 1
Prerequisite: Charm, Fellowship 40
Alignment: Slaanesh"

thanks a lot for that guys! :)