Played my first game of Ionian Nebula, aka Mutually Assured Destruction

By SaveVs, in Battlestar Galactica

We played with Peg, IN, and Personal Goals.

This was the group:

Caprica (me), Cylon win with four dmg on BSG/Peg and Morale 3 or less

Baltar

Boomer, Cylon from turn 1

Cain

Cally

Boomer revealed after distance 1. I infiltrated and we played merry havoc until distance 7. Got three dmg tokens out there, but Cally kept fixing locations, so I never had four. Morale and Pop were at three by the Crossroads Phase. Centurion was one space away from Humans Lose. At that point, Boomer didn't care what my agenda was.

Crossroads Phase hits and we all ended with zero trauma tokens. Pres chose Cain to eliminate and both Cylons were boxed. Two turns after that, Pop hit zero.

Thoughts:

- Probably won't take a CL unless it's seven players. It was already hard and the Cylon agenda just ramped up the difficulty. I would've done better as a potential Cylon.

- Boomer and I never got more trauma tokens and even if we could have, why would we want to? I mean, I guess we could have not run into an ally and taken our chances with our three initial tokens...

- Personal Goals were pretty neat. Might use them again.

I am a little rusty... but... um.... if no players have trauma tokens (after the discard 2 tokens step), then you just carry on. It's not a "tie all around."

So say-ith the good book Exodus 20, 4

I am a little rusty... but... um.... if no players have trauma tokens (after the discard 2 tokens step), then you just carry on. It's not a "tie all around."

So say-ith the good book Exodus 20, 4

Well shoot, I was bound to miss a rule somewhere. :-)

That changes everything. I'll make a point of that next time.

haha. Mutually assured destuction. I was reading, and you say "zero trauma tokens" and I'm thinking "uh huh, that's not that unusual - the "it's too easy to manage trauma" strikes again!" and then removals and boxing all round and I'm "WHOA! That's a huge change from the standard rules."

Yeah, who would've thought one missed sentence would change so much? :-)

I did think it seemed too easy to work your trauma tokens after reading how it works. None of us drew many more tokens. I think only two people drew an extra token from sickbay and the brig. Other than that, it seems the trial is just a kind of an afterthought when I thought it was supposed to be a big deal.