Is Crippling cumulative?

By bogi_khaosa, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

A Crippling (1) weapon hits you 4 times. Do you now take 4 damage every time you perform more than a Half Action?

yes or the higer one count like crippling (1) ot cripling (4) which case the (4) count..

in reallity or if we want to play more real like count each wound seperate...

No.

p149:

When a target suffers at least one wound from this

weapon they count as being “crippled” for the remainder of

the encounter or until healed of all Damage.

If a crippled character takes more than a Half Action on their turn, they

suffer Rending Damage equal to the number in parenthesis

(X). T his Damage is not reduced by armour or Toughness.

However, if the target was hit and wounded by a Crippling (1) and a Crippling (4) weapon, I would apply the Crippled (4) effect.

Edited by Keffisch

Me again, necroing my own thread.

What if it's two different weapons?

I have a character with a pair of Legacy swords with Legacy of Pain (= they each have Crippling (1)).

What happens if he hits a target with one, and then the other?

I am leaning toward Crippling (1) even if both hit (especially taking into account the post above this one) but am not sure.

Edited by bogi_khaosa

He takes damage equal to the number in the parens, as per quote from Keffisch. The number in parentheses for first weapon is one, and the number in parentheses for the second weapon is one, so one. To rephrase Keffisch:

However, if the target was hit and wounded by a Crippling (1) and a Crippling (1) weapon, I would apply the Crippled (1) effect.

OK, so the first weapoin hits and applies Crippling (1); the second hits and applies Crippling (1). Since Crippling (1) is already in effect when the second weapon hits, nothing changes.

Edited by bogi_khaosa

That's how I think it reads. You could encourage him to keep trying and eventually grant him access to a custom talent that lets him add the two together as long as he's dual-wielding- bumping it to Crip(2), which isn't that great a buff, but might be worth a tier 2 talent, probably Khorne aligned.

I think the legacy effects will be good enough as his CPs climb. I'll keep it as it is I think, Thankee

Only War:

"If a crippled character takes more than a Half Action on his Turn, he suffers Rending Damage equal to the number in parentheses (X) to whichever location received the original Damage."

Will this change anything because the question: cumulative, or not cumulative? For Example: A character take damage with crippling (2) on a leg, and 2x crippling (1) on the other leg.

Take he on one leg 1 and on the other 2 dmg? Or only 2 dmg on the first leg and the other take no dmg?

I hope you will understand what I mean.

It's more ambiguous. RAW it just tells where to apply damage, but mechanically this doesn't matter without Critical Damage. Then again, neither does the damage type. It could be interpreted as

A. damage to each affected location, thus effectively status applies per location too. Then it's left leg crippled(1), right leg crippled(2), 3 damage, thus if triggered at 0 Wounds applies Critical Damage effects as with separate injuries: 1 Rending to the left leg and 2 Rending to the right leg. Or

B. it works as in earlier versions, but also if triggered at 0 Wounds automatically applies (N) Rending Critical Damage (debilitating effects) to all affected locations as if those were separate injuries. In which case it's crippled(1): left leg and crippled(2): right leg, so 2 damage, but at 0 Wounds suffers effects of 1 Rending to the left leg and 2 Rending to the right leg. It matters more if locations have different effects.