Career Advancement

By richievh, in WFRP Rules Questions

Hello,

In the Player's Guide, as well as the Core Set Rulebook, it is said that the average cost for changing a character's career is 4 Advancements. However, in the character sheet, there are five boxes to be marked under that section. Am I missing an extra Advancement or was the sheet printed with an error?

I'm pretty sure it's 1 Advancement for each unfulfilled career advancement, +1 advancement to make the transition.

So if you're changing careers and have 5 unused advancement slots, it'd cost you 6 to pick up a new career. 5 for a Reiklander.

I THINK :)

No it's 4 minus the traits the careers have in common. Dedication bonus subtracts one from the cost and humans get a discount of one. Humans can reduce the cost to 0 while all others always have to pay at least 1.

I don't know why there are more boxes. Perhaps it's for special careers they planned for the future.

Edited by Gallows

I was just reading the FAQ yesterday and it mentions the 5 boxes:

"Character Development:Non-Career Advances

The five boxes listed next to each Non-Career Advance and the two Non-Career Advance lines are intended as limits, but these can be easily adapted by GMs should they wish their players to purchase more than two non-career advances, or invest in advancements that require more than five advances to acquire."
The FAQ has a couple clarifications on career advancement beyond what's found in he Player's Guide.