New FAQ!

By sWhiteboy, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Pentoshi coming off makes baby Jesus cry.

Baby Jesus will have his day. Oh yes....he will.

p.s. It's called Christmas.

This is a very, very good FAQ update. I'm very happy with the "housekeeping" updates they made.

Nice to see some things come OFF of the restricted list.

Is the FAQ a separate pdf? The FAQ links to a page only and I don't see the FAQ. I only found the updated tournament rules.

Yeah, the FAQ is a seperate PDF, accessible or from the support page, or by clicking on the thumbnail in that article (the one on the left). The actual link to the FAQ in the article text is broken.

Edited by -Istaril

Thank you so much for giving us No Quarter back! Stark needed the help imo. Pentoshi off the list is going to be punishing, how many others are out there building new Lanni decks right now? Overall a good FAQ though, the flavor text change is nice too so the designers don't have to look at every card for the Seasons words in flavor text and wonder how it could be abused.

I wonder why they took Aegon's Hill off, though.

I'd like to think that all the Locations that got restricted were short-term answers to HoD, anything that you could throw in a vanilla build with no planned Agenda went on the list. It was good for a bit, prevented sloppy deck building, but now that HoD isn't as popular the designers took Bear Island and Aegons Hill off to encourage more variety in builds.

I never understood Bear Island's restriction either. I mean, it has a huge deckbuilding constraint (no neutral or out-of-house cards that stay on the table), it's useless in mirror matches and doesn't go through attachments.

As Skowza said, the unique locations being placed on the restricted list in the first place were reactions against potential HoD builds that people were afraid of but never saw tournament play. I doubt they will see much play at worlds now that they are off.

This is probably true for Bear Island (which already saw no tournament play around here before its restriction), but I'm not so sure about Aegon's Hill (which did see some tournament play before its restriction).

Didn't Zeiler or someone win an early regional in 2012 with a Stark Knights kill deck that ran BI?

Didn't Zeiler or someone win an early regional in 2012 with a Stark Knights kill deck that ran BI?

Yes, he did. It was a tournament a few weeks before regional season started, though.

The environment is really completely different on each side of the Atlantic. On our side, no one made top with Bear Island and hardly anyone plays it in tournaments.

The environment is really completely different on each side of the Atlantic. On our side, no one made top with Bear Island and hardly anyone plays it in tournaments.

Bear Island is rarely played on this side of the Atlantic too. I think only midwestern metas play the card.

Anyone know when we will see the Kingsguard pack that will be legal? Not that I'm able to make it this year.

Maybe this weekend.

Bear Island is rarely played on this side of the Atlantic too. I think only midwestern metas play the card.

Anyone know when we will see the Kingsguard pack that will be legal? Not that I'm able to make it this year.

Based on the date FFG upgraded it to bring off the boat, my local store should have it next Wednesday (10/23)

Our meta is called Wardens of the Midwest and it never sees play here, it just restricts deck building too much. I don't really think it is a good card, just wanted to point out that people have been successful in tourney play with it (somehow).

I am going to drink a margarita with Dusty and Nikki at Black Fridayz!

Did you already start?

Did you already start?

This could have happened. Not sure though, can't remember much.