Seductive Delusion versus Church of Sigmar

By jonnel, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Seductive Delusion:

Action: Choose a target unit. Corrupt that unit. Then, that unit deals damage equal to its power to another target unit.

Church of Sigmar:

Opponents cannot target your units with card effects unless they pay an additional 1 resource per effect.

My opponent has Church of Sigmar active.

If I play Seductive Delusion to target two of my opponent's units, how many resources do I need to pay?

Is it still only one resource, since it is still just one card effect?

I am unsure about this because there are two targets, each receiving a different effect (corruption or damage).

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jonnel

Seductive Delusion has two effects that target two different units, you have to pay two extra resources.

Thanks for the response!

Just an additional clarification:

If the card targets only one unit, but then there are two effects, then the controller of the card pays two resources?

Because first you check if a target was called, then you look at how many effects there are. Is that correct?

As always: what card exactly?

As for now: you pay per targets, not effects.

You could corrupt your own unit, then deal damage equal to it'a power to the Empire unit and only pay one resource. Not as effective but cheaper and perhaps still worth playing the tactic...

Correct.

Regarding Church of Sigmar, the card says:

Opponents cannot target your units with card effects unless they pay an additional 1 resource per effect .

If the cost is per target, shouldn't it say " pay an additional 1 resource per target " instead?

Has there been a ruling that the Church of Sigmar extra cost penalty is per target, not per effect?

The specific cards that confuse me regarding the Church of Sigmar are:

Seductive Delusion; Choose a target unit. Corrupt that unit. Then, that unit deals damage equal to its power to another target unit.

and Cloying Quagmire; Choose a target unit. Corrupt that unit and deal 2 damage to it.

Seductive Delusion has two targets, while Cloying Quagmire has only one target. But both cards seem to have two similar effects (corruption and damage).

Do I pay 2 extra resources for Cloying Quagmire, as I would for Seductive Delusion? Because Church of Sigmar says that when I target units with card effects, I pay one extra resource per effect , not per target.

You pay per effect that targets :P

Cloying Quagmire has one effect that does two things (word and).

Seductive Delusion has two targets and two effects tied to them. Also the resolution of the second effect is tied to resolution of the first (word then).

"You pay per effect that targets ."

Thanks Virgo, I will take this to the bank! It all makes sense now.

Now just another question about the cards (while I have your attention):

"Cloying Quagmire has one effect that does two things."

So that means that come resolution step, if the unit cannot be corrupted (opponent corrupted their own unit in response to the tactic), there is also no damage applied to it either. This is because even though one tries to resolve as many effects as one can, single effects cannot be split in half.

Otherwise, the card would have said, "Choose a target unit. Corrupt that unit. Deal 2 damage to that unit."

Is that correct?

So that means that come resolution step, if the unit cannot be corrupted (opponent corrupted their own unit in response to the tactic), there is also no damage applied to it either. This is because even though one tries to resolve as many effects as one can, single effects cannot be split in half.

Otherwise, the card would have said, "Choose a target unit. Corrupt that unit. Deal 2 damage to that unit."

Is that correct?

No XD

In case of Cloying Quagmire the unit doesn't have to be corrupted by tactic to take 2 damage. Only thing that you have to check when playing tactic and resolving it is: target (basically any unit).

Read this:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/93290-virgos-faq-to-faq-we-need-to-go-deeper/

Single effects can be split:

Multiple Effects
If a card has multiple effects, all effects on the card resolve if possible.
The only thing that can't be split are targets, ale have to be present during playing and resolving (for a single effect). Plague Bomb has 3 effects that target 3 different unit, but they aren't dependent of one another (no word then). Seductive Delusion uses word then, therefore unit has to be corrupted by the tactic itself for the rest to work.
Hope I helped ^_^

A great help, thanks!

You could corrupt your own unit, then deal damage equal to it'a power to the Empire unit and only pay one resource. Not as effective but cheaper and perhaps still worth playing the tactic...

With the daemon prince, it will be effective. One shot a Blood dragon Knight is always effective... :D