[HELP] 2 decklists for me and my wife, 2x Core set

By Vanadio, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

Hi all!

2x Core set just arrived at my door and tonight I'd like to play with my wife 2 consistent decks instead of the starter 8x objective in the rules.

Can you help me?

Thank you!!! :)

Edited by Vanadio

A couple of decks I enjoy just out of the core set were actually showcased on the Fantasy Flight website. Here they are.

An Alternate Path to Victory

Affiliation: Smugglers and Spies

Objectives (10)

2 The Defense of Yavin 4

2 Mission Briefing

2 Fleeing the Empire

2 The Rebel Fleet

2 Questionable Contacts

This deck, aside from fulfilling an aesthetic desire to use Leia and Han in the same deck, uses the Tactics icons on its units to clear the way for the cheap blast damage of its Y-Wings to destroy Dark Side objectives. An unopposed Y-Wing will deal 3 damage to an objective, and a pair of them will destroy most objectives in the game. Leia can also be used to enable big turns, using either You're My Only Hope or Swindled to trigger her interrupt and re-mobilize your entire board.

You can see the original article here .

Their Fire Has Gone Out

Dark Side
Affiliation: Imperial Navy

Objectives (10)
2 Fall of the Jedi

1 Counsel of the Sith

2 The Emperor's Web

2 The Ultimate Power

2 Death and Despayre

1 Reconnaissance Mission

This deck, on the other hand, is all about playing the most powerful units the Dark Side has at its command - you don't need an army to intimidate the Light Side player if you've got Darth Vader or Devastator in play. This deck likes to gain control of the Force and then just bide its time, playing defensively until an opportunity arises to crush the rebellion in one swift stroke.

As before, if you'd like to see the article, you can find it here .

Thank you for the awesome suggestions: the decks and the readings. I will try out and report.

This weekend I played 4 games with 4 suggested decklist on cardgamedb.com. It was very fun! I had some rules doubt:

Do I understand well in this game the "stack" is always emptied before putting any new ability/event/action? IE: if I play unit nobody can play anything until unit enter the play area. After that I play an enchantment for said unit, the opponent can't play any event before enchantment resolves and enter play attached to Yoda, right? This is a big difference from Magic. Actually I think it's not entirely like this, but still I do not understand well, I have to read rules again and again!
Edited by Vanadio

There is no stack in this game. Only interrupts can be played during an action window and they resolve before the triggering action.

What Toq said. If you played Magic before the Sixth Edition rules changes, it's pretty much like that.

Actually, when there's a "blue" action window, once the active player pass you priority you can play also actions (in hand and on table) and reactions (if any triggered), can't you?

Edited by Vanadio

Yes but they are each fully resolved first. No stack.

This. For example...

Alice (Light Side) announces her intention to move from her Deployment Phase to her Conflict Phase, implicitly passing priority to her opponent.

Brendan (Dark Side) declares that he wishes to take an action, and plays Force Choke. Alice controls a Guardian of Peace with one damage token on it, an obvious target, but even though she has You're My Only Hope in her hand, she cannot play it to sacrifice the Guardian because it is an Action, not an Interrupt. Brendan's Force Choke resolves, he selects the damaged Guardian of Peace as its target, and 1 damage is dealt, destroying the Guardian.

Now at this time, if Brendan were to control the Core Set version of Darth Vader, he would announce whether or not he wished to use the Reaction ability of Darth Vader to inflict 1 damage to another unit.

Actions can be played at any time there is a window for Player Actions, as long as there is not already an event waiting to resolve.

Reactions are played after the triggering event has fully resolved.

Interrupts are played in response to the triggering event, before it resolves.