Get rid of dual-wielding, please

By whafrog, in Game Mechanics

Mechanically, I dont see a problem with allowing mixed melee with a two handed weapon, lets face it all the player is doing is making it harder on themselves,as I said earlier, why not just narrate moves like that as part of either feats like knockdown, or as someone else said the things like additional strain from advantage. This way the player is not disadvantaged from it, it keeps it simple , it follows RAW, and it sounds cinematic.

Mechanically, I dont see a problem with allowing mixed melee with a two handed weapon, lets face it all the player is doing is making it harder on themselves,as I said earlier, why not just narrate moves like that as part of either feats like knockdown, or as someone else said the things like additional strain from advantage. This way the player is not disadvantaged from it, it keeps it simple , it follows RAW, and it sounds cinematic.

Causing Strain to your opponent by spending Advantage does not appear as an option on the chart, so I'm not convinced it follows RAW.

If you want to "disadvantage" them with a narrative kick to the shins, spend 2 adv to give them a setback die on their next roll.

As HappyDaze mentioned, you can't spent adv to inflict strain. I think people might be confusing this with spending threat to cause strain to the acting character .

-EF

You could also have them spend some Advantages to inflict Strain upon an enemy. As Strain can be suffered from bludgeoning damage (kicks, punches, etc), it'd be fitting to detail an attacker getting in a sneaky punch, headbutt or kick during his assault.

I'd be careful here, since on the majority of NPC enemies, you'd basically be allowing Advantage to directly deal +1 damage.

And yes, there are ways to use dice to narratively disadvantage your foes.

Still, Two-Weapon Fighting and the Inferior quality can make things very interesting for the "desperate" character.

Edited by awayputurwpn

Causing Strain to your opponent by spending Advantage does not appear as an option on the chart, so I'm not convinced it follows RAW.

As always players and GMs may invent other ways to spend advantage and triumph depending on the specific circumstances of the encounter, and any option that the players and GM agree upon can be viable.

So yes using advantage to throw in kicks, punches, headbutts to cause strain damage is fair game in my book.

'

Edited by syrath