My Character

By mrbrent2, in Fan Fiction

This thread is going to be about my Assassin character.

He was born on the world of Dusk having a reputation for being a planet so dangerous basic survival was a rare fortune. It deserved its reputation for there are many things on Dusk that could easily kill a man things that lurk in the shadows that you are not quite sure are there...... He was born into a warrior tribe the name of which he keeps to himself. The tribe while not having the technology to produce or even maintain basic firearms had obtained several auto guns and pistols from would be travelers that had been ambushed by the tribe and killed. From an early age he was taught basic survival skills how to use a sword a knife bows and various other weapons which he quickly showed an aptitude for even for the standard of the veteran tribesman the boy was a skilled individual showing lots of potential. The tribe taught him the ways of using stealth to strike an enemy unseen to win a fight before an enemy truly knew that the fight had begun the tribe employed these tactics often. Tribes often fought between each other for dominance and land. The tribe the boy was part of while not particularly large was rightly feared for its stealth and ambush tactics that it had used to defeat other tribes, it built up a good deal of territory for itself and was one of the more prominent tribes on Dusk. The boy lost his father at an early age which was not uncommon on Dusk the leader of the tribe seeing the boys potential as a fighter raised him as his own. Upon reaching the age of 16 an uncommon thing to happen on Dusk to say the least the boy became a man as was tradition in the tribe. His task to become part of the warrior caste was to go out and kill what the tribe had named a Dusk Hound in their tribal dialect. The Dusk Hound was a 2 meter long animal with four legs a muscular body and a massive head with powerful jaws filled with jagged teeth. It has an acute sense of smell and hearing, for him to succeed he would have to use all of his training. Upon setting out for the hunt he took with him his personal sword bow and a few arrows he set out on his journey to kill the beast. He killed a rabbit like animal upon setting out and used part of its meat to fashion a trap. He went prone with his bow at the ready to kill whatever sort of animal took the bate, sadly it was not a Dusk Hound but it died all the same. After several days on the hunt he noticed a set of tracks the tracks were clearly the ones belonging to a Dusk Hound he followed them cautiously, forever on the look out for various threats. He found a pack of them and knew it would be fatal to try to kill them all as his mission was to kill one that was all he would do. He set up on a vantage point that had a clear view on the track he had discovered and awaited patiently for his target to come along. It took several hours but eventually a Dusk Hound finally came along. His chance to be inducted into the warrior ranks had come and he would not pass up that chance. He took out the arrow he had marked for this occasion and took aim he spent several minutes aiming while it slowly stalked closer to him clearly catching his scent at just the right moment he exhaled and let the arrow go. It flew in an arc and went straight into the hounds eye and came out of the back of its head. He was filled with joy and retrieved his knife to begin the task of removing the hound's most suitable teeth. He returned to his tribe with the teeth which were fashioned into a necklace for him to mark his induction into the warrior caste he wore the necklace with pride.A year after that he had become the main hunter of the tribe his skills in the hunt prominent to all those there. During that year something unusual happened on the planet weird noises and screams could be heard from inside a deep cave near to the tribe, several warriors were sent to investigate none returned.When it seemed clear to the tribe that the men they had sent were not returning my character volunteered to venture inside the cave accompanied by his best hunters.My character gathered his hunters and went into the cave staying close to the shadows and advancing stealthily what he found was astonishing, there were several dead bodies he recognised to be the warriors sent from his tribe what was even more astonishing was the large group of men from another tribe praying to what they were calling "Dark Gods" and offering up men as sacrifices to these Gods, that must have been the fate of the proud warriors from the tribe, they were offered up as sacrifices to these "Dark Gods" My character knew just like he had with the Dusk Hounds that their numbers were to many but they had to stop these foul tribesman and avenge their lost brethren. He retreated back to the camp and requested the tribe leader his now father to mobilise the tribe for war he agreed and my character was given the honor of leading the attack. He gathered the tribes army at the foot of the cave it would take them mere seconds to sneak into the room where the sacrifices were taken place and catch the other tribe off guard. My character crouched low and the rest of the tribe followed him in moving stealthily forward as was the tribes way, to strike the enemy, to gain the advantage of suprise.......but what they found in that cave suprised them. They ran into the room sword and axes swinging killing the enemy tribe in large numbers once they were aware of the attack they retaliated and unleashed their weapons, the daemons. They were gigantic dwarfing even the largest of my characters tribe, they killed many of the tribes men, and were in return hard to kill but some did fall. During the middle of the battle when all seemed lost, the tribe was dying in droves they didn't stand a chance against the daemons, a weird blue flash streaked across the room and hit a daemon which in return screamed as it fell dying. My character had never seen such a thing and out of curiosity braved a backwards glance, what he saw was astonishing, a warrior clad in heavy armor by the like which my character had never seen before was accompanied by a deadly looking group of soldiers varying in appearance, they started to slaughter the enemy tribe and daemons, during the fighting my character took a sword through the stomach he crumpled to the floor and passed out. When he awoke he was restrained and attached to many odd devices he had not seen before he noticed 2 people coming in through the entrance of the room he was in, he recognised one of them as the man he had seen clad in armor at the battle with his tribe, his tribe! what had happened to them? He called out questions but yelling was too painful instead he layed back and allowed the scrawny man next to the warrior to speak, he spoke in the language of his tribe although his accent was odd. "I am speaking for the man next to me." he said as the warrior beside him spoke a language my character could not understand. "I rescued you from that attack the rest of your tribe is dead you were the only survivour. My character upon hearing this news was upset but he did not let it show instead he asked "what are these odd things attached to me and where are my things?" The translator spoke for the inquisitor "All of your belongings perished in the battle the only thing saved was this." The inquisitor help up the tooth necklace that had marked my character into the warrior tribe."As for the devices they are keeping you alive they will heal you." My character could not wrap his head around the fact that these devices were keeping him alive, neither could he wrap his head around the fact that his whole tribe was dead it left an empty feeling inside of him. "What of my fate now?" He asked. The inquisitor had his translator speak for him again "Now, you serve me." It took him only another week to recover, he had not spoken since when he first awoke he got out of the bed and dressed himself he followed the inquisitor down a narrow corridor.The inquisitor turned before a large set of double doors and had the translater speak for him "your training as an inquisitorial acolyte begins today." With that he pushed open the double doors revealing a large training room filled with an assortment of weapons my character was very impressed. Later on upon getting a better learning of the low gothic language the inquisitor without much need of a translator explained how he had been surveying the planet for a while and saw my character ready an attack on the cult that he had been investigating he decided to attack in the aftermath of the battle to ensure losses on his side were minimal. My character did not mind, he had learned much of the ways of the inquisition and viewed the tactic as the right thing to do. After the battle he looked for any signs of survivors finding only my character he ordered his men to bring him back to his ship which was hidden from the tribes.My charcater survived and began his training as an inquisitorial agent. He learned a lot about the great and mighty emperor. This great emperor was apparently the mightiest warrior the "imperium" (a new word my character learned) had ever seen and as a result my character revered him and killed in his name,

This is how my Assassin came to be.

Edited by mrbrent2

A great story! But what is a hero without a name?

Maybe to add a bit of flavor you could make your character resent the Inquisitor as it adds a bit more depth to his story than simply "You beat me now I am your servant".

Also it seems kind of odd that the inquisitor would go so far to find this individual as although he may be the "best hunter" in his tribe your character might need something else that draws the Inquisitors attention. Even then, he is only noticed by chance and not because the Inquisitor is openly looking for acolytes. With billions of people in the Universe a human life is just a spec of sand and he has to do something to stand out more than simply live his every day life.

An example of this could be:

- The Inquisitor comes to the planet to investigate demonic presence but when he gets there he finds the demons vanquished. Your tribe led by yourself went to war with the Demon threat destroying them but in the process your tribe was all but wiped out, its survivors scattered. The Inquisitor finds you wounded close to death and orders his servants to bring you with them.

These are just suggestions use them as you will but I think your character background is great and he will be a great tool to fight in the Emperors name!

Sgt Oddity

Edited by SgtOddity

Very good idea but the reason he doesn't have a name is because I can't think of one for him and every time I do I am unsatisfied with it. I see what your saying about being noticed and to be honest I like the sound of your story better than mine thanks, you do you mind if I use it?

Feel free buddy but don't be so quick to dismiss your initial idea.

I really like your idea and there's allot to be said about a hand picked acolyte. My idea is a bit over the top but maybe if your combine both ideas or make it your own in your own way then you will be very happy.

Names are always hard but dont put too much thought into it. A man is only the sum of his actions. If your not sure, pick several names you like and let the dice decide!

Sgt Oddity