Crossover Talent trees

By Johaad, in Game Mechanics

Just got the beta book and flipping through it I noticed that there are similar talent trees such as slicer. Can you take slicer from two different careers or are you limited to one of any (same named )specialization regardless of which career its from? Same question in regards to scout and pilot. The slicer tree in particular seems identical to its Tech counterpart.

They're one and the same, so you cannot take it more than once, just like an unranked talent -- they count as "already bought". A Smuggler-Pilot can't double-dip into Ace-Pilot, but they can for example buy Driver or Gunner (as non-career specializations) and then any new or ranked talents in that.

The trees are identical because they're for the same specialization. You can't buy into it more than once because the same specialization doesn't exist more than once; different careers just happen to have access to them.

You can't buy into it more than once because the same specialization doesn't exist more than once; different careers just happen to have access to them.

This is probably one of the better and simpler explanations that I've seen posted about this particular question.

Thanks for the info!

I've got a question related to this topic but it's more like Crossover Talents

If you have an unranked talent and you buy an other specialization tree in which you have the same unranked talent that you already have from the frist tree. It count's has already bought. But can you continu buying talents from that talent in the new tree or you must start from the top of the tree ?

Exemple : EotE Universal tree : Force-Sensitive Exile you unlock "Touch of Fate" later you buy the AoR Universal tree : Force-Sensitive Emergent. "Touch of Fate" is technicly unlocked so you can buy any of the linked talents which are "Grit", "Sense Danger", Balance" or "Force Rating" ?

Any insight would be appreciated :)