Strike-class Cruiser: Should it be Silhouette 6 or 7?

By HappyDaze, in General Discussion

The Strike-class Cruiser is midway between the Nebulon-B Frigate and the Dreadnought-class Cruiser in length. I'm putting together stats for it based on the WEG and Saga info that I have, and the first question I'm having is whether it should be Silhouette 6 or 7. Suggestions?

What's the Dreadnought -class heavy cruiser's Silhouette?

Nebulon-B: Silhouette 6, 300 meters

Dreadnought: Silhouette 7, 600 meters

Strike: Silhouette ?, 450 meters

I'm thinking Silhouette 7 since it's heavily armed with almost all of its weaponry focused on killing other capital ships.

EDIT: On second thought, Saga lists it as Colossal (frigate) - the same as the Nebulon-B while the Dreadnought and Immobilizer are both listed as Colossal (cruiser). Based on that, I'll go with Silhouette 6. It's going to be a rather nasty ship for its size (Silhouette), but the lack of dedicated point defense weaponry is still going to be a weakness.

Edited by HappyDaze

That would also follow existing precedent where the Lancer -class frigate (250 m) is Silhouette 5 despite being closer in length to the Nebulon-B than to the CR90 (150 meters), though I suspect that that was at least in part to ensure that Lancer -class would fit under the existing the existing "point defense" RAW of "one-Silhouette-less-for-firing-laser-cannons" (counting as Silhouette 4 for the purposes of firing its quad laser cannons, thus only Average difficulty by default against Silhouette 3 starfighters that don't have an ECM Suite).

I'd say Silhouette 6 for the Strike-class would be appropriate, given how much bigger than most Silhouette 5 ships it is, and that it's bigger than the Silhouette 6 Nebulon-B.