High/Divine Magic with nodes.

By killsdazombies, in Anima Rules Questions

My question is regarding the use of High/Divine magic with a power node. Now, I understand that after a day of having a cast a maintained high/divine spell through a power node will result in the spell ending after a day. My question though, was that if my gnosis was raised after the spell, if it would still end after a day? Or since I now hold the gnosis able to cast it, if it stays.

I'll post an example here.

Say I wanted to cast a level 82 fire spell that allows me to create an Ifreet. So I connect to the power node, pass the power checks and cast the spell. Then lets say another member of the party casts Chimera on me, raising my gnosis to 25, would my Ifreet still fade after a day?

I'm not too sure but I will rule that yes, it would fade after a day: tje reason of that spell being active in the first place is the node power and not your gnosis, so i would stick to node rules.

Edited by Pelmir

I would say that the spell could be maintained under those circumstances. The Node gave you the ability to cast the spell when you otherwise couldn't. After you gain the Gnosis 25, you are now merely maintaining a spell that you can cast. That is my opinion on this one, and I hope it helps.

I shall present this to the GM, and let him decide. Thank you for the replys.

you're welcome. Tell us what your gm ruled please, one more opinion