Favorite Cards?

By Bomb, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

My favorite card is Crossroads.

coreset135.jpg

This card is very efficient and versatile. Want to have an a great card in setup that gets you +1 Gold in Round 1? This is the card for you. When your opponent sees you controlling this card, they will chuckle out of control and make mistakes thinking you are new and crappy to the game. This is when you need to strike when the iron is hot. Put your game intellect into overdrive and smash the opponent to pieces. If you also play War Host of the North , you will ultimately win your match in an unorthodox fashion because the opponent won't know what to do.

Other honorable mentions:

Play this card if your goal is to help the opponent get a new hand.

oldtown44.jpg

If your goal is to lose the game, play this card after you lose a challenge. You won't regret it.

sea54.jpg

If your objective to spend a lot of gold on a location that rarely makes up for it.

clash21.jpg

Want to throw a ball of **** up a mound of **** only for it to eventually come back as a bigger ball of ****? This card is perfect for you.

clash58.jpg

Need a 4 gold plot that has a fantastic effect?

raven80.jpg

Are you ALWAYS against House Lannister? This is the perfect card for you!

defender23.jpg

Tired of facing event cards? Tired of having any kind of a board position? Is your favorite season Summer??? This card kills 2 birds with 1 stone!

defender32.jpg

Want to use a plot that does almost absolutely nothing?

defender60.jpg

Having erectile dysfunction? Do you like chicks with weapons?

clash61.jpg

These are a few of my " favorite " cards. What are some of yours?

Edited by Bomb

Oooo! Oooo! My favorite joust card!

ffg_gallery_11_104011.jpg

AMIDOINITRITE?

Oooo! Oooo! My favorite joust card!

ffg_gallery_11_104011.jpg

AMIDOINITRITE?

I have a killer joust combo in the works with that card and the cards at your command mechanic. JUST YOU WAIT

Hey, condemned by the realm would be an interesting way to get your chargenda ready to go if you set up just him and a bunch of locations. You just have to pray you're not going up against Marched to the Wall, otherwise you'll need to win a coin toss, lol

You forgot this beauty! If everyone is wondering why Martell is such a strong House, it's because of cards like this:

med_gallery_17_203434.jpg

Edited by Skowza

You forgot this beauty! If everyone is wondering why Martell is such a strong House, it's because of cards like this:

med_gallery_17_203434.jpg

Haha. It actually was in my OP, but I had too many images so I had to remove it.

Do you want to be a hero with the Ladies you control? Save them now!

landing62.jpg

Want to get rich off of the opponent only to discard it for taxation? Need some assistance with dominance? Want to spend 2 gold and get very little in return? Waste your deck space with this!

landing14.jpg

Do you feel the need to save for a rainy day? A Fistful of Coppers is the card for you!

landing26.jpg

Do you hate 3 gold? Want to distract the opponent with a Fool ??? Hire Moonboy today!

landing28.jpg

Ever wonder what happens in the backroom? Do you want to lose? Play this event card now!

landing96.jpg

Want to keep a standing character from standing? How about a 1 STR character? Use Fog of War! Keeps characters from standing since 2010!

brotherhood4.jpg

Edited by Bomb

bxo2.jpg

I do not know what I love most about this card: the extremely useful ability or the awesome gold-str ratio. What an unbeatable package!

Also:

zga4.jpg

Which is the best way to balance the scales, when I play GJ Choke and discard opponents' locations? Play 2-3 gold for an event and discard one of my own locations too, of course! The man who designed this card is a genious!

Edited by Serazu

I've always wanted to try and turn that version of Doran Martell into something effective and interesting... but I failed...

Because you know zip about this game. This Doran is the best character there is! His little brother in the same box pales by comparison :-P

~He's meant to be played OOH with jumping Catelyn and LoW Bran.

@Serazu - The best part about those cards is how oversized they are. I mean it's like the promo Chaos Orb! You couldn't lose with it!!!

On a side note... I now want oversized cards as tourney prizes. For those wondering...

"6x9 cards

Most of the 6x9 cards were distributed in the Arena League between 1997 to 1999. Changing with every Arena League season, they were awarded for the best four placements for each season and as a special prize chosen by the organizers of each season. Additionally, some cards were given out as a participation bonus. Participation cards were given out at the beginning of each season, prize cards at the end of each season. As before, player rankings were determined by a complex point system similar to the DCI ranking and match reports had to be sent to Wizards of the Coast by every store where they were analyzed and player ranks were calculated. This system was replaced with a much simpler system beginning in 1999. Along with the renaming of the Arena League into Arena Outpost League, players received 2 points for winning a match and 1 point for losing a match. Points were now organized by each store separately.

Due to a continually decreasing popularity, oversized cards were discontinued after the Radiant 1999 season."