[Campaign Idea] The Old Republic

By Castlecruncher, in Game Masters

Now, this campaign is still a work in progress. The idea may be kind of over the top, but I still think it would make a good, fun campaign for more experinced players.

Years ago, during the days of the really old Republic, in the times of the Mandalorian Wars, there was a small band of adventurers. They all came from separate pasts, but int the end found themselves all caught up in the plans of the nefarious ZI- ZO (I believe that was his name: he's the evil floating droid from KotOR 2). ZI-ZO had the adventurers go and try to find him some of the ships from the recent Sith War, and possibly the remnants of the Star Forge. However, though the players indeed found a large stash of ships on an out of the way planet, they tried to get away and sell the ships themselves (or give it to the current regent, or do something else along those lines). ZI-ZO was furious, of course, and as punishment, had the adventurers frozen in carbonate, where they have remained up until this day...

... That is, before they were discovered by another group of adventurers, hidden in an underground base on some distant planet.

The actual story is still at large (what do they do know?) but the basis is that the players are now 2,000 years in the future. The reason why this would be for more experienced players is because they'd need to remember that they are from the past and now they are in the future.

Anywho, it's just an idea, and I'm just spit balling here. If anyone wants to add some input, I'd appreciate it.

The droid from KotOR II is G0-T0, and he's not a bad guy! :)

As for the idea, it's interesting, but... what's the point? Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the Old Republic era, but most Star Wars fans are generally very well-acquainted with the movie eras. Generally, the fun in a "man out of time" story is the discovery of the era, but in this case, the era in question is arguably one of the best know settings in modern fiction.

Edited by gwek

The droid from KotOR II is G0-T0, and he's not a bad guy! :)

As for the idea, it's interesting, but... what's the point? Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the Old Republic era, but most Star Wars fans are generally very well-acquainted with the movie eras. Generally, the fun in a "man out of time" story is the discovery of the era, but in this case, the era in question is arguably one of the best know settings in modern fiction.

Well, that's why I said it's for more experienced players. The fun of it would be based off of how the players have to live in an age of unkown technology, and it could be fun for more experienced players.

Also, I'm pretty sure G0-T0 was some kind of crime lord, but that's based off of wiki reads and my brother playing the game when I was little. And as I said, it's just an idea. If anyone thinks it could be cool, and would like to expand it, I think there'd be a pretty good story to be made.

G0-T0 is a bit of an oddball...not really a bad guy or a good guy, but a droid that is convinced that there are certain steps that must be taken to preserve the Republic, and he is not above seeing those steps through to completion. This is why he took over the Exchange's operations on Nar Shaddaa, and put out the bounty on Jedi, etc.

I like the idea. Depends on the party composition, though.