Turning regular enemies into minions?

By MrToasT, in Game Masters

Hey guys,

so are there any rules to turn regular enemies into minions stats-wise? In my recent session I wanted to confront the party with a bunch of gamorrean thugs (minions) but found no entry for that in the rules, neither some rules to convert them into minions. I handwaved it basically and there is always the option just to take some other minion stats and just use them, but I'm curious if there is something you guys do to solve that problem.

Cheers

I'm at work so don't have access to my books but I thought Gamorrean thugs already were minions. If not you can use them as is and just follow the minion rules, i.e. strain causes wounds and criticals kill.

The Gamorrean Thug on page 413 is a Rival.

I'd say that the simplest route is to make the two skills (Brawl and Melee) group-only skills, take away Knockdown and reduce the Wound Threshold to an appropriately low amount, keeping in mind that they already have as much Soak as a stormtrooper (Brawn 3) in laminate armor (+2 soak) but without armor (Brawn 4 + something else).

I'd say Chortles is pretty much on the right track.

Just figure which skills are really important for a Rival that you want to turn into a Minion, note those as Group Skills, and cut their listed Wound Threshold in half.

I don't think there are any Rivals that come with Talents, but if so, it probably won't break the game if those Talents are kept... unless they have a Strain cost. At which point, you might as well remove them as Minions can't voluntarily suffer Strain.