Any News on new Expansions??

By thethugx, in Rune Age

My playing groups loves this game and we're wondering if FFG plans to release a new expansion soon, any news about it??

Nothing yet, sadly.

No news yet. And in all honesty, I'm hoping for a second Runewars expansion before a second Rune Age expansion. But still, both would be nice. :)

I'd really like to see the heroes of Terrinoth make an appearance in Rune Age. I'm not sure how that would work, though.

ninja'd :ph34r: . Nice job, Spalanzani!

Edited by Budgernaut

I'd like to see the heroes too - when Oath & Anvil was announced, with this stuff about mercenaries, I'd thought that's how they would be coming in, but clearly not. I still think it'd be the easiest way to bring them in, though - like the cities, have a number of them available and you have to fight them to get them to join your side. Well, that's just the same as the cities. But anyway...

I'd like to see the heroes too - when Oath & Anvil was announced, with this stuff about mercenaries, I'd thought that's how they would be coming in, but clearly not. I still think it'd be the easiest way to bring them in, though - like the cities, have a number of them available and you have to fight them to get them to join your side. Well, that's just the same as the cities. But anyway...

Hey, that's a good idea. They could be just like cities where they sit like a reward, and during a battle, you can choose to exhaust a hero instead of playing a card which essentially adds him/her to the battle.

Another possibility would be to have a face-down pile of heroes that all cost some amount of gold, say 4, for instance. When you purchase a hero, you don't know which one you've bought, but it goes into your deck. I think it would be simplest if it just went straight to your discard pile, but an alternative that would be fun is if it got immediately shuffled into your remaining draw pile cards. This would mean that opponents don't know which hero you drew until you play it!

I like it! It's always good to see mechanics played around with.

What else could they expand this game with? What races could they come up with? Seems we have all the big 'classic' fantasy races, after all. Though, this re-imagining of Terrinoth seems like it could go in any direction, after all! For some reason, I'd really like to see Fish people. Or a race of folks that live in frozen wilderness and their legendary unit would be a woolly mammoth type of creature. They could have some sort of vaguely 'tribal' thing going on, with the painted face masks and whatnot. And wield weapons like 'ice knives' or something.

Oooh! What about giving each race some sort of legendary artifact/weapon, to add to the barracks? It would make the game perhaps a bit too abstract, as it is far too sleek to have such things as attachments to cards, so whether that would be popular I can't quite decide.

What about something more unique to each race than just their three strongholds? Like, I don't know, dwarven mines, or daqan citadel, or whatever they want.

I'm not sure about scenarios. I came to Terrinoth through Runebound, and have always been a big fan of Mists of Zanaga and Island of Dread (as well as Frozen Wastes, because I love stuff set in the snows!), so would like to see some sort of jungle or seafaring theme come out. How that would translate to a scenario I have no idea.

Okay, this has been far too rambly...

For some reason, I'd really like to see Fish people.

Me too! I think a water race would be super cool! I posted a custom water race last summer: http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/68435-custom-race-merpeople/?hl=mermaid

I didn't know much about Terrinoth back then, and it was my first attempt at creating a custom race, so I'm not sure how good it is. I made a bunch of stuff up. I'll have to look over it in detail and see what I think of it now that a year has past..

Well, I've just read that stuff (yes, I did make it through your block of text!) and it sounds awesome! I particularly like the leviathan, which is an existing card in Runebound: Island of Dread anyway, so a perfect fit for the universe. In actual fact, there are quite a few cards that could use existing Terrinoth artwork.

There are Merfolk Charioteers, Merfolk Warriors, the aforementioned Leviathan, a Guardian of the Deep, a Coral Golem, there's someone called 'The Mad Sorcerer Astiss', a Sea Stallion, a Sea Dragon, a Sea Drake... in fact, Dar Hilzernod makes his appearance here, so they have mined this box before!

The Sea in Runebound is the Cerridor Sea, which is often plagued by Cerridor Pirates, so that's another possibility for the scenarios.

I'm quite excited by this, even though it probably won't happen!

Why no print on demand expansions available ? (scenarios)

You may well ask!! I emailed FFG a couple of days ago, asking/suggesting they do print on demand event decks, and just had a 'thank you for your suggestions and insights' response. This probably means nothing, but anyway!