A more personal post

By HoyaLawya, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

I wanted to share some excitement going on in my personal life with the Thrones community. Since I can't focus at work, there's no better time than now to type up a post. Tonight I'm proposing to my girlfriend. We've been talking through pre-engagement topics the past month, so she has to be expecting it to come soon. I'm trying to misdirect to Monday when we have a big date to celebrate 6 months from our first date.

Before our first date, we met at a Lord of the Rings movie marathon. Tonight, we're going to Wolf Trap to see The Fellowship of the Ring with a live orchestra and choir. Last week I went ahead with my sister to scout out a place we can walk to after the show and get away from the crowds when I propose. We found a nice gazebo that will work perfectly. My sister, brother-in-law, and a couple close friends are going to setup candles, flowers, and the ring at the gazebo for me when we walk there after the show.

Needless to say, excitement has been high today. My sister was texting me earlier today and sent me a picture of the roses to make sure they would be good. I'm hoping to get out some of this nervous energy from all the excitement so she doesn't pick up on any vibes during the evening.

Thanks for reading my ramble. I wanted to share this with the best gaming group I've ever met.

Cheers! Clearly a shirt like this is for you.

https://www.teefury.com/

1378340617_b-MCO-MyLittleShadowfax.png

Disclaimer: You gotta buy it before midnight if you actually want to. I'm not making this part up!

Gotta say, I highly approve of the level of geekdom involved! Hope all goes smoothly and enjoy that show. If you have not been before, I will note that it is quite excellent.

Congrats!! I remember that pre-engagement nervous energy, so I'm sure you can't focus a single bit right now :) . It'll all go great tho, so enjoy the concert and have fun with the proposal!

All of that sounds awesome! Best of luck!

Congratulations, ser. I went a similar route, had some friends set up a table with dessert/candles/flowers on Coronado beach...at least for mine I had the bathroom to escape to for last-minute details, I can only imagine being at a live performance will increase the nerves. Hopefully everything goes off great!

gratz and best of luck. ;)

You will be fine! Thanks for sharing! Have a great night!

Just to update, everything went off amazingly well. She picked up earlier in the evening that I was nervous about something but was letting it go since we were at Wolf Trap. She had no idea it was coming until we rounded the corner of the gazebo since I had the candles, flowers, and ring put on that side to prevent it from being obvious further away. She said yes!

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Congrats!!!

Enjoy the weekend!!!

:)

Good to hear, congrats.

Congratulations. Planning the wedding can be stressful, but the wedding day itself will be the best of your life. It feels awesome to see all of your different friends and family having fun, eating, dancing, and laughing.

Congratulations, Brian! It was nice to meet her and we hope that you can get her addicted to Thrones. :)

She said Yes!

Damnit! Now i owe erick $50!

;)

Just to update, everything went off amazingly well. She picked up earlier in the evening that I was nervous about something but was letting it go since we were at Wolf Trap. She had no idea it was coming until we rounded the corner of the gazebo since I had the candles, flowers, and ring put on that side to prevent it from being obvious further away. She said yes!

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Woo! That's awesome, congrats ser.