Passing skill - clarification.

By Kargan72, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

Hi everyone,

I have non-english version of manual and I had some doubts about how in fact Passing works.

But unfortunately english is also not so clear for me so maybe you can help me to understand :)

Passing is optional. If the ball token is at midfield (i.e., on the matchup
card), give it to the player using the passing skill by placing the ball
token on his Player card. That player is now the ball carrier.
If an opposing player is the ball carrier, move the ball to midfield.
If another player on the manager’s own team is currently the ball carrier,
the manager may choose to either leave the ball with the current ball carrier
or move it to the player using the passing skill . If the committed player is
already the ball carrier, but still has more pass icons to resolve, ignore them.

Now - what exactly mean give it to the player using the passing skill

a) take the ball and give it to player which actualy used skill and performed action ? (for example Wood Elf Catcher)

or

b) take the ball and give to any friendly player in this match using skill of active player (i.e. I'm Wood Elf Catcher and with my action I can take ball from matchup and give it to my another team player)

Thanks in advance :)

Hi everyone,

I have non-english version of manual and I had some doubts about how in fact Passing works.

But unfortunately english is also not so clear for me so maybe you can help me to understand :)

Passing is optional. If the ball token is at midfield (i.e., on the matchup
card), give it to the player using the passing skill by placing the ball
token on his Player card. That player is now the ball carrier.
If an opposing player is the ball carrier, move the ball to midfield.
If another player on the manager’s own team is currently the ball carrier,
the manager may choose to either leave the ball with the current ball carrier
or move it to the player using the passing skill . If the committed player is
already the ball carrier, but still has more pass icons to resolve, ignore them.

Now - what exactly mean give it to the player using the passing skill

a) take the ball and give it to player which actualy used skill and performed action ? (for example Wood Elf Catcher)

or

b) take the ball and give to any friendly player in this match using skill of active player (i.e. I'm Wood Elf Catcher and with my action I can take ball from matchup and give it to my another team player)

Thanks in advance :)

A only. What the third paragraph in the rules means is that if your, say, Treeman has the ball, if you play a passing player, WE Catcher to that matchup, you can either keep the ball on the Treeman OR move it to the WE Catcher you just committed. To do what you suggest in option B, you need Passing + Dump-Off.

You have to put the phrase "passing" out of your mind. Its not actually passing like in the BB TableTop. Its more "getting" the ball instead of throwing.