What Would You Do?

By GooeyChewie, in The Plugged-in Tour

The Plugged-In tournament offers a chance to vote on two potential new Runner IDs. http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4323

I've got a few deck ideas for each of them, but I am curious as to what other people might try. If you were to run one of the two proposed Runners, what would your strategy be, and why?

Off the top of my head: The Collective is the first Shaper that actually combos well with Personal Workshop, so I might try that. Fisk wants Pheremones, Nerve Agent, and Imp. He'll also need ESD to keep the Corp from locking him out of HQ after a virus purge.

I keep trying to make use of Notoriety and "The Collective" might help with that (after making 3 runs, I will get the extra action to play notoriety)

yeah. 3 runs and 2 notorieties... it works.

I still haven't seen a definition of what an action is as far triggering collective goes. Is it anything that requires a click? Is activating a paid ability an action? is installing a program an action. Am I missing something or is this a little vague?

FWIW, there's a posting on BGG showing that Lukas has ruled that Actions from cards in play must come from the same card to count.

As per the rulebook, an action costs one or more clicks and has the format [cost]:[effect]. So you have standard actions such as install a card, play an event, make a run etc., and you have cards such as magnum opus giving you new options for actions. As per etherial's post above, you would need to use the same card three times in the case of an installed card (so MO MO sneakdoor wouldn't count). However playing three events or making three runs should, regardless of card or server.

Edited by CommissarFeesh

That is interesting. So resources with a trash cost can't trigger it.... (Deletes 3 All-Nighters from his Collective deck).

Probably fair for it to behave that way, though. Come to think of it, it really is the only logical way to rule it as well....