Haunted House - Final Version

By Dylath_Leen, in Fan Creations

Ok, I think I got it all covered now bar minor spelling and gramatical errors, which I can live with. :o )

Anyway, the background image for the board is done and all the Event cards are done. Suggestions and feedback are still welcome. Now onto next project ;o) Enjoy.

Download Link (Eon Files) : http://www.ziddu.com/download/4021423/TheHauntedHouse.rar.html

Original Thread : http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=113&efcid=1&efidt=68260

For those who do not have Strange Eons, get it here : http://www.sfu.ca/~cjenning/eons/index.html

Please, for the sake of my sanity, post this on Rapidshares or Megaupload or something - whatever the heck is you put it on, won't go past 20 kbps! Then it just stops the download and says it's done! Stop the madness! Heck, just post it at BGG! Please!

Hadanelith said:

Please, for the sake of my sanity, post this on Rapidshares or Megaupload or something - whatever the heck is you put it on, won't go past 20 kbps! Then it just stops the download and says it's done! Stop the madness! Heck, just post it at BGG! Please!

Heh, ok no worries. Upload is a lot slower and have to wait for approval from BGG. Will post an alt link as soon as it is available.

Here is the alt link: http://rapidshare.com/files/213966622/The_Haunted_House.rar

Hope this helps.

Hadanelith said:

My downloaded fine on the first try. It could just be your computer and/or browser.

Lovely job, I look forward to printing Haunted House, (strange, but true).

One thing, the board itself is blank; have I missed something obvious?

makken123

makken123 said:

Lovely job, I look forward to printing Haunted House, (strange, but true).

One thing, the board itself is blank; have I missed something obvious?

makken123

Hmm, it shouldn't be blank. I'll check it out and get back to on that one. Which download link did you use?

Edit: That's odd, even my original's board background is blank. I'll try and sort it out and re-post it asap.

Edit: Seems the image for the custom tile is not embedded so it is trying to load it from it's original location, if there is a way round this I'm ignorant of it. Until I figure something better out I'll upload the image file so you can use it to create your own custom background tile, failing that you can just replace the background with some of the default tiles. If anyone knows where I went wrong please let me know. Cheers and apologies for the inconvenience.

Background Tile Image: http://rapidshare.com/files/214604917/Background_Tile_Haunted_House_by_DaakSM.jpg

This is great, but I'm a little tight on cash and it was either ink or KiY. Sorry Nyogtha. Still though, an amazing job.

kroen said:

This is great, but I'm a little tight on cash and it was either ink or KiY. Sorry Nyogtha. Still though, an amazing job.

Sorry not sure which bit of HH you are refering to? My intention was for HH to only need the base game to play, although the 'Spawn' monster type is used for Corbitt which is from an expansion; but then an explanation of Spawn monsters is readily available in several places on the website. Anyways, be a bit more specific and I shall endevour to correct the situation in some way, if only to add extra clarification to the rules, and hopefully make it possible for you to use HH. Thanks for your interest.

He's saying he could either buy ink for his printer to do your stuff, or go buy KiY, and yours lost.

Hadanelith said:

He's saying he could either buy ink for his printer to do your stuff, or go buy KiY, and yours lost.

Ahhhhh, heh heh. Got used to expecting Kroen's stilted english (no offence Kroen btw ;o) ). Well that I can't put right, though I'm not sure I agree with the choice made! gran_risa.gif heh heh

Ink is an unfortunate casualty of this subforum, hehe. I'm still stalled on printing out anything new at the moment. Silly papers and their need for black ink...

what gives, I went to download this and when I visited the link my computer was attacked by viruses and pop ups. That's not cool.

Nice conversion of 'The Haunting'. Can't wait to try it out.

Did you hard code the file paths in the board? When I tried to open it up I received an error that it could not find the file and gave the following path:

D:\Boardgames\Arkham Horror\My Creations\The Haunted House\Board & Locations\FrontDoor.eonw

Tyler

ivory_tower said:

what gives, I went to download this and when I visited the link my computer was attacked by viruses and pop ups. That's not cool.

Erm, not sure, can't say I've had that problem. I'm afraid I can't get this up on BGG since their submissions thign still seems to be unavailable. If you still have problems getting hold on my expansion PM me and I will see what I can do for ya.

Thanks for the interest.

trevlix said:

Nice conversion of 'The Haunting'. Can't wait to try it out.

Did you hard code the file paths in the board? When I tried to open it up I received an error that it could not find the file and gave the following path:

D:BoardgamesArkham HorrorMy CreationsThe Haunted HouseBoard & LocationsFrontDoor.eonw

Tyler

Hmm, all the images should be embedded ok. The only one people (including myself) have had problem with is the background image for the board, which I have posted a link elsewhere on this thread for a separate tile image file. Of course you can subsititue your own. Anyway, as mention to the above poster, any further problems getting it to work send me a PM.

Cheers and thanks for your interest.