Imperial Navy Themed Deck - Core Set...then beyond

By Gorfy, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

Hi I've recently bought the core set (This is all I have so far)

I was looking at making an Imperial navy themed deck (and this is more for casual play and theming) and I was wondering:

a) Sticking with just a single core set which other 2 objectives would work well with the theme? I was definitely thinking Black Squadron Assault but wasn't sure about the other. Oh and which affiliation, i'd like to go with navy but obviously if there were 2 sith objectives this would leave them potentially short on resources.

b) If I was to get some of the hoth add ons, which of these would work well for a navy themed deck?

c) What would be your suggestion for a competitive navy themed deck with all options open?

Thanks

Gorfy

Welcome to the game! You are getting in at a great time.

The first question is difficult. You could go with Black Squadron (probably the best synergetic choice). You would then need to chose how to play it out. You could either take out Tarkin's OSet because it is Navy affiliation only, or you could include Looking For Droids - the set that gives you the ability to play without matching affiliations. Included in the OSet are two copies of an interrupt that will allow you to disregard matching affiliations. It also comes with some Droids that can deploy from your Lost pile and an event that is really handy for covering your Superlaser blast. This would be my suggestion.

To answer the second question; this is what I am running for Imperials ATM, though as you can see there is some debate as to how this should be played. It can be played with a single core + the Force packs.

Hey,

Thank you very much for the response, I'd totally forgotten about looking for droids, it seems perfect as it fits the imperial theme and means I'm more likely to be able to use those black squadron cards. I was thinking of grabbing one or two of the forcepacks when I get a chance but I'm really just learning the game at the moment. Thanks again for the help