Third topic! Card prereqs accurate?

By mrvander, in Star Wars Roleplaying Specialization and Adversary Decks

So I haven't bought a specialization deck yet, but I was looking at the product announcement once again - http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4300

I was looking a bit closer at the cards pictured here. After reading the reference card, I looked at the examples provided that I could see fully. The 15 point Lethal Blows holds the # 10 spot on the tree. The prerequisite numbers show 6, 9 and 11. Makes perfect sense, you could arrive at the #10 spot via any of these directions on the tree.

Now look at the 10 point Brace card for the Bodyguard. It holds the #8 spot on the tree. The only way to get to this talent is via the #7 spot which is indeed listed as a prerequisite. But why is #12 slot listed? That's a 15 point brace talent that's only accessible by going through THIS very card. How can it possibly be a prerequisite for it's own prerequisite?

Seems there's a little bit of circular logic in the cards. They're not necessarily prerequisites as they indicate - just "connected".

Edited by mrvander

I don't think the card numbers are meant to correspond to tree positions. I think the numbers within the deck probably just correspond internally with the proper prerequisites.

Hmm, I dunno... the evidence presented here seems to indicate otherwise. Has anyone received a deck yet and can confirm the numbers on the cards correlate with the position on the tree?

I think each talent card has an assigned number, and the pre-req number refers to the number on the card that you are required to have before 'purchasing' said new talent card. I have the Mercenary Soldier deck at home (so cant say for sure) but that's how I seem to remember it working.

i.e. (hypothetically) The 'Point Blank' talent card is card #3 and the 'Strong Arm' talent card is card #7 but has a pre-requisite of '3' so you have to have card #3 in order to acquire card #7...does that make sense?

Edited by Brother Bart

I think each talent card has an assigned number, and the pre-req number refers to the number on the card that you are required to have before 'purchasing' said new talent card. I have the Mercenary Soldier deck at home (so cant say for sure) but that's how I seem to remember it working.

i.e. (hypothetically) The 'Point Blank' talent card is card #3 and the 'Strong Arm' talent card is card #7 but has a pre-requisite of '3' so you have to have card #3 in order to acquire card #7...does that make sense?

Yup - thanks for participating but that's not what is in question.

Do the numbers on the card match up with the same position on the tree for that talent (basically, 1 to 4 left to right, then the second row is 5 to 6, and so on)? Does that make sense?

Edited by mrvander

That does make sense, I misunderstood your question. I can check when I get home if that is the case. It could just as easily be they are numbered alphabetically in each tier...