Cataclysm

By gertat, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

Hi

Live in Sweden and have trouble getting hold of a copy of Cataclysm.

I would like to get hold of the rules to read so that I can determine if the new way to play the game is something for me and my brother to play.

Or should we stick to the old way.

We have got a none excisting play group outside myself and my brother so want to know if Cataclysm ads something for us.

It's best for 3-4 people games.

Ok Then I think I will bye it eventely but think I look forward to Hidden Kingdoms more.

It's best for 3-4 people games.

I disagree. The Cataclysm mechanics are a big improvement even for 1-1 games. The turns are interspersed, leading to more interaction. More importantly, the Fulcrum mechanic penalizes players for sitting back and building up for turn after turn.

In short, Cataclysm mechanics enhance the game and help it reach its potential.

Have trying to expand my Warhammer Invasion gaming community.

Two times in the last weeks I have introduced 4 new players to the game.

Now I have set up a session on SydCon 2013 witch is a Swedish gaming convention.

Hope to attract new players.

Love the Cataclysm format.

Think it helps to attract new players.

1380731_10202296134874228_1371960103_n.j

1377453_10202296135354240_794560989_n.jp

The two games I happend to win both.

First as the Empire player and then as the Dwarf player.

But I think I won both times because the new player playing Chaos played effect wrong and attacked the wrong Fulcrum at key moments in the end of both games.

But they enjoyed the game and hopefully one of them so much so he will continue playing.

Hi gertat im curious about your capital boards they look awesome. Was it self made? ;)

Edited by slick

In the Winvasion podcast in episode 2 I think they talked about that Gnomeschool hade made alternative art for capitalboards.

If you go to their homepage you can download the art.

There is I think 4 pictures for each faction.

I printed 2 for each faction in a size a little smaller than a regular A4 paper (standard sized paper)

Put two against one another and laminated them together.

So they are dobblesided.

The size is because I think the original capitalboards is a bit to small if you want to get room for a Legend, damagemarkers, Fulcrums and resources.

Any notion of how cataclysm would play with only core+ulthuan?

I think it depends on if you are the only one with Core+Ulthuan.

If you al have the same I think you are going to have fun.

Ok you want have the a lot cards that effect more than one player but thats ok in my book.

The more experienced players here can answer if they think the game will be to unbalanced

I think you should give it a try, It's a lot of fun

Any notion of how cataclysm would play with only core+ulthuan?

1 core, 1 Ulthuan, 1 Cataclysm? I think you'd have some great multiplayer conflicts. Now go out and cover the world in destruction!

thx for the info Gertat

thx for the info Gertat

NP

Thanks for the answers, it is now on it's way to me.

Another question though: I've watched the unboxing video of cataclysm, but failed to see any additional burning zone tokens. Are the 4 tokens from the base game enough for a 4 player game? Seems a a bit on the low side.

If you play a 4 player game I think that it should be likely that more than 1 player how own the coreset.

And in my little experience you dont need more than four anyway.

Multiplayer is more about attacking and keeping fulcrums than burning zones.

And futhermore the Chaos player can get insainly powerfull if you burn a lot of zones.

The times I think is the most likely to burn zones is to stop a player from winning.