Chapter IV: Talents

By Ineti, in Proofreading Changes

Page 98: For the Galaxy Mapper talent, please clarify the last sentence. It currently reads: "This does not increase with multiple ranks of Galaxy Mapper." Suggest clarifying it by placing the sentence in parentheses and adding it to the previous sentence, similar to how the last sentence of the Outdoorsman talent is worded on page 102.

Page 98: For the Gearhead talent, please clarify the last sentence. It currently reads: "This does not increase with multiple ranks of Gearhead." S uggest clarifying it by placing the sentence in parentheses and adding it to the previous sentence, similar to how the last sentence of the Outdoorsman talent is worded on page 102.

Page 95: Commanding Presence

This reads like a weaker version of the Kill with Kindness talent, as KwK negates a setback die on both Charm and Leadership checks, while this talent only does so for Leadership. Perhaps add Cool as a second affected skill to Commanding Presence?

Page 99 & 100: Invigorate

Similar to the above, only this reads as a weaker version of Balance, as both talents have the same basic effect (roll Force Dice, recover extra Strain per Light Side point) except Invigorate has a penalty for rolling Dark Side points (suffer 1 Threat per Dark Side) where Balance doesn't. Given the placement of Invigorate as a 25 XP talent for the Force Sensitive Emergent talent tree (pg 193) a waste of XP since they can get Balance cheaper and need to purchase it anyway to get Dedication. A suggestion might be to change Invigorate to recover Wounds instead of Strain, and that Dark Side points instead count as Failures that count against the Cool/Discipline roll to recover Strain.

Page 99: Inspiring Rhetoric (Improved)'s description states that "this does not stack with itself." In the context of this talent, what does that mean? Does Improved Inspiring Rhetoric not stack with the basic version of Inspiring Rhetoric?

Does it mean that if two characters using Inspiring Rhetoric (Improved) can't stack their bonuses? Please clarify.

Page 97, Fire Control

'When in a starship of vehicle,...' should read 'When in a starship or vehicle,...'

Edited by angelicdoctor

Missing talents

unless i really missed something ... I have found two talents " Utinni! " & " Black Market Contacts " which do not appear on the talent Table and also have no explanatory text in the talent chapter.

SUGGESTION for Talent Trees

currently each Talent Tree (in either book, EotE or AoR:beta) the Talent Trees show us if they're passive or active by colour - this is great. UNFORTUNATELY we have to refer to the talent table (in chapter four) to check if a talent is "Ranked" (can be purchased multiple times) or not.

Can we please have some small icon or colour etc on the Talent Trees themselves, which indicates ranked-talents ?

Missing talents

unless i really missed something ... I have found two talents " Utinni! " & " Black Market Contacts " which do not appear on the talent Table and also have no explanatory text in the talent chapter.

Those two talents are in Edge of the Empire, but thus far none of the trees in Age of Rebellion have access to them.