European Championship of CoC LCG, IRV Liège - 2nd November, 2013

By FredhoT, in CoC Organized Play

European Tournament CoC LCG, IRV Liège. Saturday 2nd November 2013

During the 31st International Rendez-Vous (IRV) of the Objectif-Jeux association ( http://www.objectif-jeux.be ), the organization staff, leaded by Frédéric Taton, suggests that you take part to the European CoC Championship in Liège, as well as to side events. An international event with great prizes you would not want to miss.

Last year, the tournament gathered 24 players from all over the world (including Graham Hill, from Japan). You can read a full review there: http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/70012-european-tournament-coc-lcg-irv-lige-saturday-27th-october-2012/page-3#entry726848

Informations about this year's edition are gathered here:

club2-11.jpg

When?

From friday 1st november 7:00pm till sunday 3rd november 2013 5:00pm.

What?

Friday evening: chats, deck-building, socializing, open games,...

Saturday 2nd november 10:00am: final registration, decklists,... 11:00am Euro Champ (swiss pairing, 4 rounds, quarter finals, semi finals, final) --> 7:00pm

Sunday 3rd november 10:00am: side event (still to be defined, more info to come)

Where?

At the yearly convention of our gameclub "Objectif Jeux", called International Rendez-Vous

Ecole Polytechnique de Seraing

48 rue Collard de Trouillet (entrance via the parking, rue de la Province)

4100 Seraing

Belgium

How much?

Free entrance to the con and free registration to the Euro Champ. Thanks to FFG, Edge, l'Autre Monde and EagleCard, we will once again be able to offer great prizes for every participants, including the champion card design.

Ruling?

• All cards published in LCG format are tournament legal, provided they are not banned, up to and including The latest Deluxe Expansion, Terror in Venice.
  • Latest FAQ and Tournament Rules published by FFG at the moment of the championship shall prevail.
  • Suiss pairing, 45 minutes. Second player will be allowed to play an extra turn if the game ends during the first player's turn. After that, the player that has won the more stories wins.

Travel advices?

Note that Liège has an international railway station (direct connections with, e.g. Paris, Köln, Frankfurt) and is not far away from the international Brussels Airport (Belgium is a very small country) and Flughafen Frankfurt .

Contact, Infos, Registration?

send an e-mail to (frederic POINT taton9 AT gmail POINT com , replace POINT by . and AT by @) or contact me via mp on this forum.

Registration in advance would be very appreciated so we can better organize the event.

Also, if you need help to find an hotel or a "b&b", contact us before 1st october, or would like us to pick you up at the Railway Station, please let us know at least the week before the event (Monday 28th October 2013).

Edited by FredhoT

up

added the nice poster of the event made by Nessa. Many thanks to her.

up.

Any player who would like to attend, please let me know as soon as possible so as we can better organise and make a smoother tournament event for everyone (including the organisers :rolleyes: )

up

We have already participants "booked" from Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Japan and Belgium.

Please send me an e-mail if you plan to participate..

The participation is free and there are lots of cool prizes to grab (alternate graphism cards, special playmats, tokens, deckboxes, ... and of course the european champion card).

I like to sign up for the European Championship.

I will also reply to the email with the necessary info. I posted here just to already inform you I like to attend. I tend to be a bit slow in responding to email.....

Hello Darkman.

Great to read that once again, you'll be part of the cool bunch of CoC LCG players we have the chance and honour to host at the Euro Champ.

The level of competition will be high and fierce again this year.

Just to keep everyone informed, we have already 24 players who confirmed their participation (among them all the last euro champions (B_P, Graham, Konx) or challengers (mzi, darkman,...), and some of the french champions (Carioz, Leng,...), and we are expecting a few more (5-6 at least). So we will just experience again the biggest CoC event of the year, and the deckbuilding level will reach the stars which will be aligned... :lol:

We even have the pleasure to host 5 players from Spain, which will add this nice CoC LCG community to the ones already participating from previous years: Luxemburg, Germany, Netherlands, France (Paris, Lille, Lyon,...), Italy, Japan, Belgian (Liège)

Of course games will be played in english and french. Cards in other languages (spanish,...) are welcome, provided we can easily recognize them.

Edited by FredhoT

A quick update to let you know that we have reach the number of 30 participants who confirm that they will participate.

Yyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! :D :D :D

We have now 8 spanish, 3 italians, 9 frenchs, 2 germans, 1 dutch, 6 belgians (Liège) and 1 japanese. And my little finger tells me that we can still hope to get more participants to announce in the coming weeks...

Come on, don't be shy, the only risk you'll take is to spend a WE full of fun and nice players!

22/10/2013: 33 players registered!

And FAQ 3.2 officially applicable! :unsure:

By the way, I think I did not mention that the side event will be a Highlander format: only 1 copy of each card in a deck, other rules still apply (and FAQ 3.2 as well!).

Hi.

The European Championship just finished and I feel really exhausted but so happy that things have gone smoothly for each participant. Finally 30 players from 8 different nations showed up and it was a blast!

The 2013 Champion of Europe is Graham Hill (Japan). It is now his 4th Euro title!

Finalist: mzi (Belgium)

Semi-Finalists: Gman (Luxemburg), Ray (Italy)

Quarter Finalist: Azatoth (France), B_P (Belgium), Darkman (The Netherlands), Sectario (Spain)

What is great is that we have in the TOP 8 seven different nations represented.

Sunday, we played a more "casual" side event. We chose the Highlander format.

10 participants registered, and among them 8 spanish, 1 italian, and 1 belgian.

Highlander winner is Hansen (Spain)

Full report and pictures will follow as soon as possible.

Thanks again to all participants for their sportmanship.

Edited by FredhoT

My congratulations to Graham! It's good to hear that participation was so high.

Thanks to you Fred for your organisation of this event. :)

And thanks to all the nice people participating and making the event so cool and a good experience to me!

Hope to see you all again the next year!

I wanted to first thank the work, dedication and effort made by the organizers (especially fredhot) who made us feel very welcome and I also wanted to say that I really enjoyed the event and thank all the good atmosphere we enjoy.

if I can repeat myself next year.