Doors of Karak Hirn

By Virgo, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

When exactly their effect kicks in?

As soon as you play the card I presume. Or did you mean something else?

What effect do you exactly mean – possibility to attack or inability to attack?

I'm also curious, if I use For Ulthuan! and one part of my units burn the second zone, can I attack the protected one?

How mechanics of Karak Hirn work? I cannot declare the zone as attacked or else?

And basically, what is the point, if your other 2 zones are burning - you loose.

I mean do they prevent you from choosing zone to attack (I think so) or do they let you choose a zone, but you cannot declare attackers against it.

I mean do they prevent you from choosing zone to attack (I think so) or do they let you choose a zone, but you cannot declare attackers against it.

I think, that the zone cannot even be declared as target of attack.

What effect do you exactly mean – possibility to attack or inability to attack?

I'm also curious, if I use For Ulthuan! and one part of my units burn the second zone, can I attack the protected one?

How mechanics of Karak Hirn work? I cannot declare the zone as attacked or else?

And basically, what is the point, if your other 2 zones are burning - you loose.

You don't loose if you're playing multiplayer, cataclysm style. :D

Edited by Ronin_108

You don't loose if you're playing multiplayer, cataclysm style. :D

Or our opponent has those 3-zone-burning Legend =)

No Doors of Karak Hirn will not cancel an attack if it is played after an opponent has declared an attack against the zone it is put into. The attack has already been declared and the doors only prevent your opponent from declaring an attack against a zone.

Brad Andres
Associate LCG Designer
Fantasy Flight Games

No Doors of Karak Hirn will not cancel an attack if it is played after an opponent has declared an attack against the zone it is put into. The attack has already been declared and the doors only prevent your opponent from declaring an attack against a zone.

Pretty obvious; though, I wish they use better (clearer) card texts. =)

My question about the Doors in Cataclysm mode :

Do they prevent from attacking my fulcrums in their zone ? (until all other zones are burning obviously). The FAQ in the end of Cataclyms rules reads that attacking a fulcrum is also attacking its zone.

Thanks

Yes, that's why a ban on the doors is proposed home rule for Cataclysm.

Edited by Virgo

:blink: indeed !

And does Master rune of Valaya affect all battlefield phases for the whole round?

"Action: Cancel all damage assigned during the battlefield phase this turn."

Thanks

Only one phase in which it was cast.

This has been clarified I suppose. Thank you