More Information from Gencon?

By dkartzinel, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Alright, did anyone out there actually play the Demo at Gencon? I'm really wanting some more details about gameplay (especially the new magic system). I've been really surprised, there's been very little info out there about the game.

I played 1 demo and watched and halfway taught another with some of my friends. I can likely answer any questions you have about the demo.

There was only 2 units in the demo who had a magic attack and it was pretty much a ranged attack with no dice. So when you go to activate the unit you could choose to use its magic attack and do the damage listed in the ability.

This game was my favorite demo of the con. So much so that I tracked down some of the original diskwars that I had never played before so I could bring something like it home to mess with.

Do you happen to remember how the dice for ranged combat work?

6 crit
5 hit
4 scatter (make another shot at the unit closest to the targeted unit within short range - even friendly units)

3 Chaos symbol
1-2 misses

Thanks for the reply. Based on the demo, were the cards specific for each faction or were they generic?

I think they were specific, but they might have just been different and not side specific.