Placing a rune on the board

By Garion0000, in Runewars

When a player is instructed to place a rune on the board, does it have to be an actual dragon rune or can it be a false rune?

Thanks.

As I recall, every time a player is instructed to "place a rune on the board" he in fact places two runes - one real and one fake.

I'm not talking about gaining a dragon rune. I'm talking about cards that tell you to put a single rune on the board in for example an uncontrolled hex.

Nevermind.

After re-reading and re-re-reading the following...

"Some Season cards or Tactics cards instruct players to place (or move) rune tokens to specific areas. These cards do not use the term 'receive one dragon rune' and only cause the specified tokens to be placed; the cards do not also place false runes unless specified."

...I think I'm good with interpreting it as saying you place an actual dragon rune and not a false one.

Just out of curiosity, is there a specific card you are referring to? As far as I remember, any of the cards that tell you to place a single rune say to place a single "dragon rune" - which are the real runes.

The fake's are referred to as "false runes".

For instance, on page 5, in the component descriptions, it describes them in the "Rune Tokens" as "dragon rune" or "false rune".

If there is a card that just says "rune" without saying "dragon rune", though, that could be confusing.

Yeah, pretty much this was just a confusion of terminology on how dragon runes and false dragon runes are differentiated from each other.