What We Know So Far!

By Reydan, in General Discussion

What we know so far:

New official races: Gran, Sullustan, Ithorian, Duros, and Mon Calamari

Droids, Humans, and Bothans are reprinted.

New Careers
Ace :

-Pilot (Identical to Smuggler version)

-Gunner

-Driver (Probably identical to upcoming Explorer specialization in Explorer supplement)

Commander

- Commodore

-Squad Leader

-Tactician

Soldier :

- Commando

-Medic

-Sharpshooter

Diplomat

- Ambassador

-Agitator

-Quartermaster

Spy:

- Infiltrator

-Slicer (identical to Technician version),

-Scout (identical to Explorer version)

Engineer:

- Mechanic (identical to Technician version)

-Saboteur

-Scientist

-Military Training Universal Specialization

Beginning Ship Choices:

-base of operations (that comes with an additional 2,500 credits for each person if you select it!)

-squad of Y Wings = 1/2 of your party

-Lamda-Class Shuttle

Vehicles:

Tons of new Empire/Rebellion ships and vehicles, including X-Wings, tons of TIES, and AT walkers!

FORCE POWERS :

New Force Sensitive Emergent specialization.

Force Power: Move. As EotE.

Force Power: Enhance . Boost your Brawn! Later talents let you boost your other Characteristics, too! Awesome!

Force Power: Forsee . Move around PC slots in the initiative order! Force the GM to tell you exactly what the target is going to do on their turn (And he does that, unless you make it impossible for him), and then you can react to that before hand! Get bonuses against that target! See visions of the future!

DUTY: " Positive obligation" you can buy with EXP or gain through good action towards an organization! Triggering it gives you a temporary boost to Wounds! Reach 100 to get a promotion and start back at 0, but with cool stuff!

Full preview review here:
http://gsa.thegamernation.org/2013/08/15/first-look-star-wars-age-of-rebellion/

Feel free to post more info that isn't placed here yet!

Edited by Endrik Tenebris

Has anyone there asked the reps when it will be available for order via the website?

I assume you cannot take a spec that you already have? My EOTE pilot doesn't get to double dip into Ace - Pilot?

Does anyone know if the new Force User can use the Influence or Sense powers or if they are restricted to Move, Foresee and Enhance?

Does anyone know if the new Force User can use the Influence or Sense powers or if they are restricted to Move, Foresee and Enhance?

The prereq is a force rating of 1 so yes they can.

Does anybody know if all this is real or just an illusion from the dark side to trick us into believing something that isn't real?

I assume you cannot take a spec that you already have? My EOTE pilot doesn't get to double dip into Ace - Pilot?

The specializations are identical, so I'm going to guess that you wouldn't be able to take the specialization twice in two separate places because that wouldn't make sense. Being a Pilot/Pilot doesn't make much sense to me. They are just different careers that can give you access to different starting skills and cheaper specializations. For example, the Spy gets the Slicer and the Scout, which will be the same as the Slicer and Scout from before, in addition to the Infiltrator (which will probably share some characteristics with the theif and/or the assassin.). This basically just adds more options for how you can get these specializations. So, if you wanted to be an Explorer Scout/Slicer, you could just pick Spy instead since it would give you access to both of those specializations easier and it would probably be more thematic.

As long as your GM is allowing content from both books, there's no restriction on what force powers you can get. If your GM is going to be a stickler and say "Age of Rebellion only, hands down," then you'd only have access to these new three powers. I, personally, am always going to allow everything in the books as options.

Does anybody know if all this is real or just an illusion from the dark side to trick us into believing something that isn't real?

Never let your guard down. The Dark Side is cunning and deceitful.