Dark Omega - A Warhammer 40,000 novel

By Green Knight, in Fan Fiction

I'm happy to announce Dark Omega, my first novel in my Warhammer 40,000 trilogy (it's around 140k words/500 pages). The trilogy is influenced by way the Imperium and the Inquisition are portrayed in Dan Abnett’s Eisenhorn/Ravenor series and the Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay game lines (the bulk of the action actually takes place in and around the official Calixis sector setting). Although the trilogy focuses on Inquisition-affiliated characters, there are plenty of other elements from the 40k setting in there, ranging from Space Marines, via Rogue Trader and Guardsmen, to foul Chaos heretics.

Hope you enjoy it!

B.

DIRECT DOWNLOAD (.pdf format)

Development blog

Read it on Wattpad.com (handy for mobile devices)

---

In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war. Beset on all side by multitudes of malefic enemies, Mankind tethers on the brink of destruction. Only the guiding light of the immortal God-Emperor, and the selfless sacrifices made in his name, keeps the horrors of the final night at bay. You are Marcus Aurelian, prodigal Interrogator of the Holy Orders of the Inquisition. Your master wields the absolute and inviolable authority of an Inquisitor. You are his sworn servant and trusted confidante. Recruited for your skills as an investigator and prowess as a warrior, it is your fate to stand on the front lines of a great and secret war. It is a conflict that has raged unabated for more than ten thousand years, beginning when Warmaster Horus raised his banners in rebellion against his Father and Emperor. It is your solemn duty is to root out the foul stench of heresy, hunt down the vile alien, and expunge the twisted influence of Chaos. You will tread where others fear go: You will venture to distant worlds filled with xenos abominations, you will walk through ancient space hulks best left undisturbed, and you will savour both the cruel depths of the under-hive and the wicked world of the high-born in their spire-top mansions. You will face enemies that would steal the courage from lesser men, you will see things that will scar your mind and soul forever, and you will come to face you own dark desires. You will never know fame nor reward, yet if you stand resolute, you will die knowing that you did so serving a higher purpose, and that your name and deeds will be carried to Holy Terra in darkness and silence, there to be whispered to the God-Emperor himself, who will know and remember for all eternity...

dark%20omega_cover.jpg?mtime=1378571995

Edited by Green Knight

New chapter added.

Edited by Green Knight

Quasi-weekly update is out.

Edited by Green Knight

Two more chapters.

Edited by Green Knight

Cover for the book:

dark%20omega_cover.jpg?mtime=1378571995

Copyright Valentina Kallias

Edited by Green Knight

Love the cover

still working on the novel

Love the cover

still working on the novel

If you love the cover you should check out her (Valentina Kallias) other 3D art:

http://valentinakallias.deviantart.com/gallery/9628910

I love it for its classic Gieger-esque qualities, yet with a modern computer-assisted twist.

To this is what some of the older 40k artwork would have looked like if it had been done today.

All preview chapters as one doc; much easier to read!

Edited by Green Knight

Added 3 more chapters.

Edited by Green Knight

Update: For various reasons I've decided to split the novel project into two books. So there will be two relatively short novels instead of one long. The story is the same, but the logistics for me is much simpler. Once I get the first part out I can focus on the second, rather than endlessly tweak the first half! It also means I have some more time for various other projects...hard to focus on just the one novel all the time!

Part 1: Dark Omega - Published this year.

Part 2: Parting the Veil - Published next year.

Part 3: Not sure yet. I guess it depends on how well received the first two are!

good luck

Update: The book is now pretty much done. It was delivered for editing/proofreading on November 20. Depending on the amount of feedback I get it might be ready for publishing in a few weeks. At the very latest it will be made available on December 31.

The Dark Omega novel has been through a revision process, based upon valuable fan feedback, resulting in a second (hopefully final) draft (now running some 400+ pages/120+k words).

I'm looking for people interested in helping proofread/edit this new draft.

Edited by Green Knight

I would offer but well, I'm a history guy not a English Major, dated 1 in college to pass

Only requirements are: A) Willing to read hrough it and B) Willing to provide some feedback.

Congratulations, Green Knight. That is an impressive feat :)

How are you publishing it?

Congratulations, Green Knight. That is an impressive feat :)

How are you publishing it?

Thank you!

Digital download pdf.

I might try to have some hard copies made - just for the fun of it - if I can afford it, haven't really looked into that yet.

Second version of the draft (now running some 450+ pages/130+k words) have been completed.

Waiting for some editorial feedback.

Release date: May 2014.

Been busy making the last fixes, based upon editor feedback.

Looking good for a May 2014 publication!

Trilogy commitment:

I've decided to go ahead with the full trilogy. Book 2 is already well underway, with the basic structure laid down and about 1/3 of the first draft done. Book 3 is, for natural reasons, still in a very early phase!

Parting the Veil, book 2 of the trilogy, has an official project page on my blog !

Not a whole lot of content yet, but still feeling mighty pleased :) :P

parting%20the%20veil_cover.jpg?mtime=140

Long story made short:

I'm doing a revised edition of Dark Omega, using a more traditional storytelling technique (no 2nd person POV for example). I kind of liked how my experiemntal use of techniques turned out, but overall the feedback was negative.

The plot is largely the same, but there are numerous additions, alterations, etc. Overall a more gripping story, with several more interesting characters and secens added.

Currently this is WIP and only found here: http://www.wattpad.com/story/32263185-dark-omega-revised-ed

Could be I post it to https://www.fanfiction.net/ as well, time permitting.

Once I have the revised ed done it will go up on my blog as a pdf download, but that is some time into the future.