Questions

By insanepenguin02, in Cold War: CIA vs KGB (original edition)

1 - Has anybody run out of objective cards before there is a winner? If this could happen, what should you do?

2 - Has anybody run out of agents to play in a game round? I would guess that you would be forced to only be left with the deputy director?

1 It's mathematically impossible to run out of Objective cards.

2 I've seen someone run low, but never totally out. You ALWAYS have the Deputy Director to play though.

1 - Awesome. I figured that but didn't sit down to do the math. :)

2 - I guess you would just be left with the one then. I have run down to where I only had two though which sucked! lol

More questions:

3 - What happens when both players choose the double agent or the analyst? Ex: Both players choose the Analyst. The CIA wins the objective and both players choose to view the top three cards due to the special ability. Which player gets to look through the cards first?

4 - On the same topic: Do you have to put all three cards on the top OR can you put any of them on top or bottom?

insanepenguin02 said:

2 - I guess you would just be left with the one then. I have run down to where I only had two though which sucked! lol

More questions:

3 - What happens when both players choose the double agent or the analyst? Ex: Both players choose the Analyst. The CIA wins the objective and both players choose to view the top three cards due to the special ability. Which player gets to look through the cards first?

4 - On the same topic: Do you have to put all three cards on the top OR can you put any of them on top or bottom?

2 - Were they all assassinated? I doubt it. You need to learn to restrain yourself and not go into civil disorder so often. :)

3 - With Double Agent, only the player who places his domination token gets to use the ability. With Analyst, it's the opposite in that only the player who does NOT place his domination token gets to use the ability.

4 - Top. Here's a little trick to the Analyst you may not have noticed. The person with the Balance Token chooses who draws first in a struggle. Most of the time, you'd likely choose yourself. So if you have the B.T. and you just used an Analyst, you have some control over how the next struggle is going to go, especially if the next objective is one of those single card populations. But what if your opponent has the B.T. and you just played the Analyst? Mindgames! You set up the cards and he has to worry about which of you should go first.

2 - No, they weren't all assasinated. I gamble too much and cause civil disorder. lol

3 - So in case of a tie, the double agent chooses if his side wins OR the analyst chooses if his side loses. Is this the same even if it is not a tie? Why would they put both colors (red and blue) on the card if that's not accurate? I guess the main question here is: If it is not a tie do the analyst and double agent still get to do their abilities no matter who wins?

4 - I have noticed that - another gamble.

3 - If you don't have matching agents, they always work. It's only when one of these guys match that you have to look at who won or lost.

Thanks for answering my questions, Trump!