Hutt Cartel Tokens?

By aSkinnyWhiteBoy, in Game Masters

Ok, so after running through the Long Arm of the Hutt. My PCs raided his palace and of course found this...

"Beneath Teemo’s throne is a strongbox containing 10,000 credits in cash (Hutt cartel trade tokens)"

One of my PC's brought up that Ota had said Teemo would have the money to pay the bounty on hand and that he, "...will make sure any such money passes on to you.” and that additionally their bounty was for 50,000 credits.

I searched to see if the Hutt Tokens were worth more than credits and that's why there was only 10,000 in the box, but couldn't find any current era Hutt currency. So I guess, does anybody know what their worth is or is it just that Teemo didn't have what he promised as a bounty?

I searched to see if the Hutt Tokens were worth more than credits and that's why there was only 10,000 in the box, but couldn't find any current era Hutt currency. So I guess, does anybody know what their worth is or is it just that Teemo didn't have what he promised as a bounty?

The implication is that Ota, the Bothan spy, has contacts that will get the credits through the Bounty Hunters' guild that Teemo put the bounty order through. It's not so much that he had the cash physically on-hand, but rather had to front the payment in case anyone came calling to claim it.

The 10,000 credits in Hutt Cartel tokens is worth just that--10,000 credits. The conversion for value has already been done. That cash find is just a bonus, if the PCs happen to find it, look for it, or hear about it from Thweek.

The implication is that Ota, the Bothan spy, has contacts that will get the credits through the Bounty Hunters' guild that Teemo put the bounty order through. It's not so much that he had the cash physically on-hand, but rather had to front the payment in case anyone came calling to claim it.

The 10,000 credits in Hutt Cartel tokens is worth just that--10,000 credits. The conversion for value has already been done. That cash find is just a bonus, if the PCs happen to find it, look for it, or hear about it from Thweek.

I agree although I would say they are worth <10,000 to non hutt affiliated people IE a legit shop on a core world or a wolrd with zero hutt influence. Not an issue unless the PCs hold onto them for a while without getting them converted or something like that.

Awesome. Thanks for info guys.