Food and Drink Options

By osu4fan, in Game Masters

I'm not huge into the EU, I've read less than 6 novels, 0 comics and only a few of the games. What are some homebrew or favorite items to have on menus at cantinas/diners etc>

Bantha ribs, two types of wine: ditt and datt. Groomaw's Brew (wookiee ale), whisky flavoured milkshakes from the starship's food synthesiser, corellian brandy (or whisky if you prefer), caf (instead of coffee, how original)... that sort of stuff.

Here's a list of foodstuffs from Star Wars Galaxies, any of these could surely pop up in an Edge of the Empire game:

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Food

BLUE MILK! (bantha milk)

Bantha Steaks

Barnabian Mist water

Dewback burgers

Boba Fettuccine Alfredo?

Wookiee Cookies?

Hoth Chocolate?

Yoda Soda?

Tuskan Taters?

Greedo's Burritos?

Han-Burgers?

(And a huge thanks to Wookiee Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook .)

Hoth Chocolate?

I lol'd. Good stuff I knew there was some inventive star wars fans :) I still haven't thought of any of my own :(

Nerf Nuggets!

I wish I was at home. The Fragments from the Rim book from WEG had a bunch of drinks and cocktails.

I wish I was at home. The Fragments from the Rim book from WEG had a bunch of drinks and cocktails.

Recurring theme on these boards, buy the WEG books for good fluff :)

Here are the drinks from the WEG Fragments from the Rim, I added some Resilience checks for measure, enjoy:

Star wars - bar menú

LUM – A powerful beverage, favored mainly in and around Corellian space, but known throughout the galaxy. It is often used in a drinking competition known as Lumguzzling.

Each player drinks a pitcher of Lum, and then makes a Simple Resilience check. If he fails he immediately passes out from the potency of the drink. If he succeeds, he remains conscious. The difficulty increases by one difficulty level per pitcher drank.

The cost of a pitcher of Lum is 6 to 10 credits

The drink is sweet and slightly soapy but not unpleasantly so. The drink has a peculiar effect on the body, there is no overdose effect.

RENAN IRONGUT – Downing this in one drink requires an Average Resilience check.

Costs around 3 to 5 credits a shot

ELSHANDRUU PICA THUNDERCLOUD – This mixed drink has been likened to watching a starfighter flying towards you from the horizon: you can see it coming…you see it flash overhead…there is a brief pause…followed by an almighty and completely unexpected explosion of sound as the shockwave passes. At this point the drinker should make an Easy Resilience check or fall off his seat.

The name Thundercloud arose because the active ingredients of the drink produce a fizzy effect which creates a miniature cloud of ionized gas above the mouth of the serving glass. Most establishments serve this drink in a container that fires tiny microshocks into the cloud, simulating an electrical storm.

Cost 6 to 12 credits

PINK LIZARD THUNDERBOLT – An interesting variant on the above, for added realism, the drinker can taste the mud from the ground after being knocked over by the sound wave, at this point roll an Average Resilience check to avoid falling over.

Cost of drink from 8 to 15 credits

STARSHINE SURPRISE - This drink is only for non-humans, and the most hardened of Human drinkers. Make a Hard Resilience check – failure results in the occupant passing out.

Cost of drink 5 to 8 credits

TATOOINE SUNBURN – A Tatooine Sunrise is two Starshine Surprises in the same glass. There is also a Cassandra Sunrise, which makes an excellent sunburn salve.

Cost of 10 to 14 credits

SKANNBULT LIKKER – A brew unique to the planet Skann in Astal Sector, is possibly the volatile fire water in the galaxy, it is made from local surplus crops, Dust corn and Dry gene wheat, distilled in rock basins by the local farmers. However there is lot of variable quality and the good stuff is hard to find.

Cost from 15 credits to 25 for a bottle of the good stuff.

DARANU – Another obscure drink, this time from Parein II 4 in the Sarin Sector. Daranu is made from a local fruit called Terraberries and certain spicy nuts, and is fermented in drilled, scooped out hardnut shells from Parein Sweetgreen Fruit. It is rich refreshing, warming and hits you like a well aimed blaster shot about half an hour later.

Cost 4 to 8 credits

THE REACTOR CORE – Many hardened drinkers claim that this beverage should only be available by prescription mainly because of the quantity of narcotic agents that are released by mixing Spice Liqueur and Blue Tonic.

Cost of 6 to 12 credits

THE MELTDOWN – Supposedly a more sophisticated drink than the above, the presence of Lum and Spice Liqueur in close proximity means this drink doesn’t need to release narcotic agents to have exactly the same effect as the more conservative brew.

Cost 10 to 12 credits

CORELLIAN WHISKY – Very good quality whisky but very expensive to import, thus it is drank only on special occasions.

Cost 15 credits a shot

SAVAREEN BRANDY – Savareen and Cassandran brandy are two of the finest drinks in the galaxy, and both are associated with high class customers.

Cost 15 to 30 credits

CASSANDRAN CHOHOLL – The Grada brand is particularly sought after throughout the galaxy, and sells for upward of 500 credits per bottle.

MEALS: Special of the day 7 Credits/meal

More than one course 15 Credits/meal

Four Star 30 Credits/meal

HOTEL ROOMS: Economy room 20 Credits/night

Mid-range room 40 Credits/night

Room with a view 75 Credits/night

Penthouse suite 100 Credits/night

Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing and nice job with the Resil checks.