League 2nd - Banked Clue tokens

By Laoghan, in Arkham Horror League

Hi

What happens with clue tokens placed in bank that were not used in scenario? Do they pass to the next one or are they lost?

Regards

who knows? just keep recording what you're left with I guess.

I think they are lost. Only unspent clue tokens are recorded, wich implies (in my point of view), that they must be in posession of a player and not on the board.

I'd agree with Iron Lord that any clues in the bank are not in your possession and don't carry over. There has been absolutely no mention of banked clues carrying over between 2 and 3 so you'd have to assume no wouldn't you? If they carry over between 3 and 4 I guess we'll be told about it.

we only recorded the clue tokens we had left over from the ones we bought with corruption cards.

Thanks for clearing this up. I wated to be sure about this as we are after 3rd scenario with 6 clue tokens in bank... such a loss :)

I looked at the FAQ and this still isn't clarified yet. My current group just finished scenario 2, so this is kind of relevant.

Also, while there would normally be some merit to the idea that clues on the board don't count, the fact is that the only clues ever on the board in scenario 2 are at the bank and are what were already earned in scenario 1.

Also, while I'm writing this, I'll ask for another clarification not found in the FAQ. (The answer might turn out to be obvious, but I don't have BGotW yet.) Does "any investigator with 3 or more corruption cards must take a cult membership" only apply during setup, or does it apply to the whole game?

from sc to sc we are only carrying over the clues we have personally with our chars at the end of the game. at the end of 1 and 4 we had none, so that's nice.

I guess the second point only comes in with devoured and replaced investigators. I would go with 'every investigator begins the game' means that yes any new chars also get membership as well. I always think it is better to be safe than sorry when interpreting these rules as you don't want to find out later you have to play again.

Well, the latest on the FAQ says that banked clue tokens do carry over, so that's nice.

Also, on the corruption issue, I was wondering what happens if an investigator who starts with 0, 1, or 2 corruption cards eventually gains a 3rd one later in the game. It sounds like the cult membership is caused by the acquisition of a 3rd corruption card no matter when it occurs, according to the newly updated FAQ. It was phrased ambiguously, however, since it read like it might be only during setup (or only when the investigator comes into play, in the case of pre-fight devouring or that one encounter at the Science Building).

the faq says only unspent clue tokens are carried over, so they are ones your chars have personally?

tamsyn said:

the faq says only unspent clue tokens are carried over, so they are ones your chars have personally?

I think that "unspent" implies one has the ability to spend them. If clues are not picked up (i.e., banked or lying about in locations) then their existence would be irrelevant to the investigators once the danger had passed. There's no incentive to keep rooting around for more clues since the investigators are tired and want to celebrate with a beer or two or three... Once a new danger (scenario) occurs, the investigators happily discover that some of the unused clues they had found in their last experience are still applicable to the new situation.

At least that's the way we've been playing it. Only clue tokens you have in hand (i.e., unspent) at the end of the previous scenario are available for use in the next scenario -- this fits with the way the previous two scenarios have played out. In other words (and unless we're told differently) you lose all unspent clue tokens from prior scenarios that are not banked and/or banked but not picked up.

I agree that the word "unspent" in the FAQ is a strange way to identify them, better to call them "clues still possessed by investigators at the end of the previous scenario." happy.gif

Why not just go get them? lol

From the most recent league FAQ update:

"

When adding Dunwich, only the listed things are used. No board, no common items, no Mythos... not yet anyways.

Clues banked at the bank do count towards the maximum that can appear.

Any time an investigator has 3 or more corruption cards, they must take a cult membership. This can be during setup, or during the game itself.

"

That's what we'll be using. It's got a good and a bad, so it should work out alright.