Is there a way of playing multiplayer without Cataclysm?

By Dainank, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Is there a way of playing multiplayer without Cataclysm?

Could someone please tell me?

Thank You!

I you have the rules, tokens and fulcrum cards then yes :P

Sure there is. My friends and I have been playing multiplayer for quite a while and having a lot of fun. Just play with regular rules but with 3 or 4 people. 2 burning walls knocks you out of the game. Last man (or Orc or whatever) standing wins. It can take a while (especially when everyone insists on taking a smoke break every 45 minutes) but that just makes it feel more epic. We had to ban 3 cost legends and the dark elf epic spell but otherwise everything else seemed to work.

Now that we've tried Cataclysm, we'll mostly being doing that but everyone agrees that every blue moon or so we'll get together and play it old school.

we play 2x2, 4 burning zones = defeated. turn sequence – a1, b1, a2, b2.

I'm with c2h4n, we play teams - 2 on 2. 4 burning zones and that team loses. To "keep it real" order and destruction can't be on the same team. Sometimes we allow teammates to show eachother their hand, sometimes we don't. If there are only 3 of us, then I will "double fist" it, taking on the role of 2 players/decks. In this event I always allow the 2 opponents to look at each other's hand as I know what I'm holding in both hands. Both these ways are fun!