Dynamic RAAM Miniature.

By ThisIsMyBoomstick, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Based on the opinions and support I receive, I think I'm going to attempt to sculpt my own variation of RAAM so that playing a mission with him feels more official.

I say dynamic in the title because he is dynamic in the board game as well, having the ability to switch between the protection of his Kryll Shield and using them to attack, and my plan (just for fun) is to sculpt RAAM himself, and then sculpt a removable vortex of maybe five to six Kryll so that the visual of RAAM can match up with the current side of his card being used.

I'm unsure of whether I should have him wielding his serrated blade or the Troika. I'd prefer the former, but like I said, I want opinions and support. The process will probably last quite a while, but first thing I'll do is sketch a few different layouts and such. I'm not amazing at sculpting, but I'm not bad either, and creating something the size of RAAM will give me an easier time detailing (since he is just a giant Theron Guard)

I'll probably pull out my Heroclix RAAM if/when I play Showdown again.

I'll probably pull out my Heroclix RAAM if/when I play Showdown again.

I've been tempted to get the mini for both him and Skorge several times, but in comparison to the board game models, they don't look that great, and I'm not saying I could sculpt anything better or even just as good, but it's always worth a shot.

RAAM's head on the Heroclix mini in particular really bugs me. I'm picky, yes.

With a bit of repaint heroclix are Nice :)

Well, I haven't painted my GoW figures to begin with... -_-

(though have a full GoW clix set, even multiple Drones and Maulers).

Mmmh ... good luck for the sculpt, he'll be no easy customer.

>With a bit of repaint heroclix are Nice

Possibly, given you've cleaned them with acetone before (works a treat, and does not make the minis melt ... too much)

>I've been tempted to get the mini for both him and Skorge several times, but in comparison to the board game models, they don't look that great,

I'd say their Skorge is vaguely acceptable.

Gearclix RAAM is really bleh !

Yeah, the Skorge mini does look okay, but the blades on his bo-staff are a little too thick for my liking.

As for the RAAM mini, I share the same sentiment. It looks like poop in comparison to the Gears mini. He's no big enough either, considering that the actual proper size of RAAM in the video game makes him slightly taller than a Berserker (or at least the same height)

With some brushing and ink layer, raam and skorge clix are cool.

I also remoded anya clix,

Put halo officier head on a marcus clix to make the general

Put a revamped 40k helmet on a beard clix to make carmine

These 3 characters have homemades player cards on bgg