General Campaign Plots

By osu4fan, in Game Masters

I'm starting a campaign for my 8-9 year old son and daughter and I want to give them a broad selection of types of adventures their characters can do. I've thought of some of the obvious ones but was hoping to have the list almost too long :)

Become members of the alliance and help fight the empire.

Be free lance 'pirates' who work for the highest bidder.

Bodyguards of a rich noble who gets entangled in the Galactic Civil war (turns out to be a sympathizer or contributor to the empire etc.)

Freedom fighters. Not directly tied to the alliance but determined to help rid the galaxy of it's many forms of slavery.

Galactic merchants. Dealin 'mostly' in legitimate trade but in dangerous planets and/or combat zones.

All good sources and thanks for the various forms of help. Not exactly what I'm after but useful regardless. Mostly just looking for one liners that I can say "Some of the types of campaigns we can do are "blah blah blah"."

Well, there's the Secret Agent/MI6 route (see the excellent comic series "Agent for the Empire" for details)

They could be treasure hunters/archaeologists (AKA Indiana Jones with the Empire as the Nazis)

They could start out as drug runners who make their way to the top (Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Scarface)

How about Bounty Hunting/Gun For Hire (see: most Spaghetti Westerns)

War corespondents for a holonet news service. Gotta get the big scoop from The Front Lines

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure others will chime in too

How about Bounty Hunting/Gun For Hire (see: most Spaghetti Westerns)

War corespondents for a holonet news service. Gotta get the big scoop from The Front Lines

I think for careers right now they are leaning towards Rodian Bounty Hunter and Trandoshan Gun For Hire... so perfect example, hopefully they like it :)

Also, I love war corespondents. You'd have to do some canon twisting or make the news either slanted toward the empire or be like pirate radio...

Edited by osu4fan

Putting aside the Man With No Name movies (which are awesome), you might want to consider these awesome westerns for some good bounty hunter story ideas -

Django (How can you not love a coffin machine gun?)

Take a Hard Ride (loads and loads of action)

Edited by Desslok

(Appently the forum doesnt like more than two videos in a message)

A Bullet for the General (drags in the middle a bit, but had some solid twists and turns)

The Stranger and the Gunfighter (a pretty solid "find the treasure" story)

Katherine Spaak, as 'the woman.' Classic.

It seems we will probably be going sort of down this route where the PCs are playing as Marshalls/Rangers apprehending fugitives and wanted men. At first they'll probably be working for an official Imperial agency until they realise that some of their quarry aren't really bad guys or guilty of any reasonable crime.

Slightly more specific, the characters will be deputized by an aging Sector Ranger, Jodan Burrell, who is unwilling to give up his post despite his advanced age. Jodan has dedicated his entire life to keeping the law throughout the Arkanis Sector and is fiercely loyal to the Empire except in regards to human supremacy (otherwise deputizing a Roadian and a Trandoshan would be odd yeah?) and believes that recent rebel uprisings in the outer rim are a direct result of his own inaction. His plan with his new deputies is that the PCs will be able to handle the day to day tasks of apprehending fugitves and knwon criminals while he will be able to focus his own personal efforts on squashing rebel activity before it gets out of control.