Expansions

By Andr0ss, in The Lord of the Rings: The Board Game

Let me start by saying I love this game. I find it's design to be simply briliant and its the only time a Knizia game felt like it's themed actually matters. I currently own the silverline edition and I use a real ring for the one rind and Games Workshop miniatures for the Hobbits and Sauron. I am curious if there are any plans for releasing the expansions in the silverline edition, or weather anyone else is interested in the expansion as much as I am? I am beginning to feel the lack of replay ability at this point and I desperately need an expansion to combat this.

FFG have no plans for an expansion to the Silverline at this point (they may in the future). If you don't want to wait until maybe forever, your best bet is to buy the old Edition and its Expansions (Friends & Foes, Sauron, Battlefields).

I agree - get the first edition and all the expansions and sell the Silverline edition.

Has it been confirmed whether or not the existing F&F Expansion works with the Silverline edition?

They don't the iconography as well as graphic design on card fronts and backs were changed for the switch to Silverline.