Painting Banners

By ManicGnome, in Battles of Westeros

Hi Guys, just a quick question if I may....

I have now collected all the boxes and expansions for BOW and have just about finished painting all the miniatures (best decision I ever made). I have also re-written the rules of the game to allow me to add the Battlelore sets to my game for when I want to play generic fantasy battles using the miniatures from both systems.

My question is, I just received in the post my first couple of BL Dwarf sets, BUT the banner stickers are already placed on the banner poles, making it very hard for me to undercoat and paint them... does anyone have any workable advice on how to get the stickers off the poles for my initial undercoating. I notice they are very firmly stuck in place and I fear to damage the stickers getting them off.

It would take me ages to hand paint round each sticker and I am at a loss how to proceed?

Edited by ManicGnome

anyone?

I guess there are no model painters amongst you lol.

I`ve noticed in the past actually, that the vast majority of FFG players are not wargamers as such and usually just use the stuff straight out of the boxes.... no matter, I`ll work it out myself :-)

Happy gaming.

I think there are some wargamers here.

But I think FF didn't put enough effort in making the miniatures... IMO they are poor quality, not good enough for me

to invest my time in painting these.

Maybe FF should make new miniatures; bigger and of better quality (more paintable)

Just spotted this. Can't say I can help you remove this stickers (if you haven't done so already).

However, I spray coated my banners brown and then applied the stickers. The problem is the stickers didn't want to stick to the now painted banners. In the end, I had to glue all of the stickers on with pva glue (elmer's). It seems to be holding.

Congrats on getting all of those painting. I am just starting. . .