A potential Sequel in Star Wars:Rebellion & Empire Beginner Game?

By copperbell, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

What do you think are the odds they'll try this as a prelude to the release of the second book in the series?

Given how successful the first beginner's box is, i wouldn't be surprised if they did an AoR beginner's box. It did a fantastic job of easing people into the new system. Having said that, AoE uses the same rules and mechanics, which we've all become familiar with by now, so one could argue if it is even necessary.

It's got value for potential sales from people who are just hopping in because they're that focused on Rebel vs. Imperial, and it's another chance at generating news buzz that gets people who didn't already hear about EotE to hear about AoR (that is, for AoR to be their introduction to the FFG SWRPG).

I like roleplaying games, but don't have the time I'd like to devote to character creation and customization that I'd like. For me, the premade characters are a great way to just dive right in to some roleplaying fun when I've got a few hours with my extended family. I think having new characters that exemplify Rebels would be awesome. I agree that the introductory part may not be necessary, but having a ready-made story and characters would be awesome.

I started a discussion about this over here: http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/88188-will-there-be-an-aor-beginner-game/

General thoughts are that since EOTE and AOR are being touted as fully separate but compatible games, it would seem to make sense that a beginner's version of AOR would make sense. It would appeal to those potential players who want more of a traditional Rebel vs Empire game and who might have been turned off by the EOTE flavor of the SW universe.

And looking ahead, I'd expect a Force & Destiny beginner set would appeal to the players who want to play Jedi more than they want to play smugglers or Rebels.

I have the EOTE Beginner set, and I'd buy a rebel one with no compunctions!

I'd put the odds at almost 100% - as the games are separate, players of the second (and eventually third) games will need tokens, maps, etc.

I am currently running a beginner game for a table of five players. We are all (obviously) new to the system, and are loving the beginner rules.

I like the idea of the more streamlined rules set, as I don't have to dump things like critical injuries and obligation on my table right away. Less to absorb all at once. Also, I like the pre-gens because they highlight a wide variety of what is available to the players. That way, instead of creating characters based on zero knowledge of the system and how it works, my table can get used to the rules and the dice and how it all goes together in relation to XP, skills, talents, etc.

My players are chomping at the bit to create their own, but by the time they complete "The Long Arm..." (we just did Escape), they will have a firm grounding in the system and be able to create their own PCs from a place of experience.

Having said all of that, I would definitely plonk down the money for a Beginner box for the next two instalments. As stated above, TOKENS! Also, being able to use a "tutorial" style system to warm n00bs up to the whole thing is so far working really well.