Dark Heresy 2nd Edition Beta Q&A

By FFG Andy Fischer, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

The Desperado ability can be used with any move action, not just a Full Move like the Hip Shooting talent. This could include the Run, Tactical Advance, and Disengage actions, to name a few.

I'm now imagining a Desperado with Sprint running past enemies at blinding speed, pumping them full of hand cannon rounds while emitting a fearsome war yodel :D

Actually, I asked the Devs about this:

This question, specifically:

3. The Desperado ability has a lot in common with Hip Shooting. It's a little unclear, does Move and Shoot allow a Desperado to make any Move Action? for instance a Run or Charge action and still make a Standard Attack Action?

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Subject: Re: Beta First Impressions

Desperado: Move is its own Action, and Run/Charge are separate actions, so no.
Not sure about improving Called Shot. In our games, being able to hit a location without armour or cover is pretty nice as is, but we'll look this over.
We're looking at all the powers, yes. I like the suggestions for the Divination ones, thanks!
Thanks as always! Any other comments, feel free to pass them along as well as playtesting reports if possible. We won't be going final on the book for awhile yet.

Tim Huckelbery

RPG Producer
Fantasy Flight Games

Can a psyker re-roll the outcome of his focus power test using a fate point ?

Bump ?

One of the many things I love about FFG, is how they reply to questions like these and make it clear that you can.

Can you aim in combination with your free action attack? Can you full move or is it half move only?

Bump ?

It's a test, I don't see why not.

Bump ?

The book states

- re roll a failed test.

I'm more asking in regards to rolling doubles and still succeeding :)

Bump ?

The book states

- re roll a failed test.

I'm more asking in regards to rolling doubles and still succeeding :)

Ahhh. Then by the RAW, I'd say no.

It's what I'd say. I smell a potential for a talent ? At the same time I think a lot of people that like psykers having to deal with bad side of being a psyker wanting to leave it at that.

Honestly, Favoured by the Warp and the new AAT ability have the Psyker pretty well covered. I know what you mean though. Maybe there should be a Tier Three talent that allows for a limited use of the old Fettered power level.

Honestly, Favoured by the Warp and the new AAT ability have the Psyker pretty well covered. I know what you mean though. Maybe there should be a Tier Three talent that allows for a limited use of the old Fettered power level.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand there's a red dot on your forehead.... :)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand there's a red dot on your forehead.... :)

Ha!

I'm not worried. I have no horse in this race.

I just had a genestealer tear the arms off of the Psyker in our game. Both of 'em. He used Fettered Powers a lot too. He also Pushed more often than was healthy.

I have yet to see how the new system affects his character's responsible power use.

Edited by khimaera

The Desperado ability can be used with any move action, not just a Full Move like the Hip Shooting talent. This could include the Run, Tactical Advance, and Disengage actions, to name a few.

I'm now imagining a Desperado with Sprint running past enemies at blinding speed, pumping them full of hand cannon rounds while emitting a fearsome war yodel :D

3. The Desperado ability has a lot in common with Hip Shooting. It's a little unclear, does Move and Shoot allow a Desperado to make any Move Action? for instance a Run or Charge action and still make a Standard Attack Action?

Not sure about improving Called Shot. In our games, being able to hit a location without armour or cover is pretty nice as is, but we'll look this over.
We're looking at all the powers, yes. I like the suggestions for the Divination ones, thanks!
Thanks as always! Any other comments, feel free to pass them along as well as playtesting reports if possible. We won't be going final on the book for awhile yet.

Tim Huckelbery

RPG Producer
Fantasy Flight Games

Ah, that clears things up nicely. Alas, my dreams of war-yodeling Desperado drive-by shootings will have to be placed on hold (probably for the best) :D

One little thing that irks me, Good Quality being a -15, keeps you from getting a good quality item at start unless it is 2 steps under scarce (which "wastes" 5 points). Also, is there any method like RT had for combining acquisitions? i.e. take the rarest item on the list (like a telescopic sight, silenced, sniper rifle (Average +0, Plentiful +20, Scarce -10) in this case the Sniper Rifle at -10, then tack on a -5 for each weapon mod. Making a -20 test in the DH 2 system (no scale to balance the test out, BC had a lesser version than RT with it's +30, but the +10 for a single person still helped out, though best quality was -20 in BC as well, compared to the -30 of RT)

Tim Huckelbery

RPG Producer
Fantasy Flight Games

Ah, that clears things up nicely. Alas, my dreams of war-yodeling Desperado drive-by shootings will have to be placed on hold (probably for the best) :D

Then whats the diference between the desperado skill and the hip shooting talent??

Any idea when those of us who got the pdf beta through RPGnow will get to download a non beta copy?