Attacking burned zone

By c2h4n, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

It's really a noob question, but why the hack you need to attack the burning zone? Are there any forced effects or so? 'cause if I understand the rules correctly, opponent must not declare units as defenders. Damage is not applied to capital. If there is no legend, what is the purpose of attack?

I believe that you ARE allowed to defend a burning zone. In most cases one would not declare defenders because it'd be pointless and counterproductive.

One example of attacking a burning zone would be for and easy Scout effect to trigger. Or to pump up some units with Experience effects - I call this leveling up. Or in some sort of Orc/Wurzag multi-attack combo...attack the wall where they won't defend and THEN attack a crucial wall after all the cool "when this unit attacks for the second time..." effects trigger. Or if you're attacking with one of those units that say when this unit survives an attack on an opponent's zone, destroy something that they wanted to keep around and make your opponent wail and moan.

regarding that only Scout keyword was available when core set was released (and all the other stuff that appeared later), I consider that you're 100% correct.

i thought that there also can be some high level strategy or smth else. but i've got nothing. =)