Action point in melee question

By darklament, in Game Mechanics

I have read the Melee Attack rules & example on pg 200 of the beta test pdf about 4 times & i still do not get it. How did they come to four attacks hitting? How does a role of 66 hit when the cultist has a WS 33? What am I missing here?

-jefferson

1. There appears to be a discrepency. The armory says a chainsword has RoF AB-3, the example says AP-2. I'm stepping through this as I type so I will come up with what the example is using shortly. This means RoF is either 2 or 1, given the AB of 4 for the character.

2. With 3 AP spent, this means an RoA of either 6, or 3.

3.Alright, the example went off the deep end. I am going to have to assume another typo here, in that its WS 66, and a roll of 33. That would mean success, 1 DoS, + (6-3 = 3), so 4 DoSs total.

Yeah, its a messed up example, but the only typo within itself is the WS target vs. what is rolled.

Outside of itself though, the listed RoF doesn't match up. If the armory table is to be beleived, the character in the example actually only made 3 hits. (as the RoA was 3, and capped its total DoSs at that value).

Furthermore, the example fails to account for Evasion. Its worth noting Evasion is essentially an opposed test, and would reduce DoSs before applying RoA. so if the enemy evaded the RoA 3 attack with only 1 DoS on the Evasion, the attacker would still get (4 - 1) = 3 hits.

Edited by KommissarK