How does the psychic power 'Fearful Aura' work?

By The Laughing God, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

'You become a source of dread to anyone who looks at you'

- does this include friends and allies?

- is your face really distorted, in reality, or are you merely messing with people's minds so that they perceive your face as scary?

1: Yes, it does affect your allies. Some may argue that a proper warning may protect them.

2: I believe that it simply messes with peoples minds, as one may percieve something as scary, which would not affect another.

Serial has struck again !!

=)

The Laughing God said:

'You become a source of dread to anyone who looks at you'

- does this include friends and allies?

- is your face really distorted, in reality, or are you merely messing with people's minds so that they perceive your face as scary?

It specifies anyone, so I have always played it as such. And its an unnatural fear, so I doubt warning would do more then give a bonus to your roll. Just because you know something is harmless/safe doesnt make a phobia go away when presented with it.

For the group i play a psyker in, this is often the opening move for my character, i stand at the back of the group so none of my allies see me, they know what i'm going to do, they get a bonus to their willpower roll to resist the fear thats crawling up their spines..

As to how it works, from what i gather, you suddenly in their mind appear as the worst thing they can immagine :)

Varius said:

The Laughing God said:

Just because you know something is harmless/safe doesnt make a phobia go away when presented with it.

A very valid point ! gui%C3%B1o.gif