Novice NCP rules

By Alox, in Game Mechanics

NCP=NPC (can't edit topic...)

I would like to suggest that in the "Unimportant" part of the novice NPC rules, it gets added that a single hit doing 10 or more damage will kill the NPC outright.

2 Wounds requires two hit, but if you make a sniper hit doing 15 damage it will not kill this unimportant NPC, which clearly should be the case. It is still easier to do 2 wounds than 10 damage, but at least high hitters have a way of one hit killing the unimportants.

Edited by Alox

Was about to suggest this in the former thread. Either two hits or one hit doing more then 10 damage seems like a good way to balance this, not only for snipers but also other high damage, but singelshot weapons.

I see no problem with this.

I already suggest double Defence Value, it would scale better with [Larger] Mooks and apply to elites as well.

How about creating a new weapon trait for heavy hitting weapons, such as Launchers, Grenades, Snipers, ect.

For Example(Name just placeholder)

Devastating(X) - When this weapon hit it activates righteous fury on (X) or higher

I.E. Give the Sniper rifle Devastating(7) and voila insta-kill on a 7 or higher more likely to

critical wound and take out that pesky mook in a single hit giving a more sniper feel

Also

I.E. Grenades (depending on type) Devastating(X) would allow you to plop a grenade in a

group of mooks and take them out not having to worry about them surviving automatically

and coming to mob your face

Besides in DH1E a sniper shot that roll a five or below is most of the time only going to be a grazing blow anyways, this ability illistrates that as well as giving a sniper or another single hit weapon that feeling of doing damage and hitting hard.

I believe this also might help balance auto weapons and single shot.

This suggestion may be a little out there though.

Edited by MagnusVex

I agree with the idea of increasing RF range on weapons, but it might make more sense to make RF range a stat for all weapons, to prevent trait overload.