Some rules questions answered by Sam Stewart

By player266669, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

It's too bad that damage control wasn't set up to be just like Medicine. Successes repair Hull Trauma and Advantages repair System Stress. It would have been a clean parallel.

Notably, there's a significant change from the rulebook here. Per the EotE core rulebook, the Damage Control action can only recover 1 system strain per use (though it can be used as often as needed). Sam's response changes that, allowing the ship to recover 1 system strain per success rolled on the check .

That is a big upgrade over the way the action is written in the text.

Yeah, agreed on this more recent information making more sense in regards to 1 hull trauma/system strain being recovered per uncancelled success.

I can see why Advantage isn't being allowed to also recover System Strain in the way that HappyDaze suggested, since recovering System Strain can be done on a round-per-round basis already, while recovering Hull Trauma is a once per encounter deal. Plus, it encourages the mechanic's player to spend their Advantages to help out the ship in some other way, such as providing a quick burst of power to the maneuvering thrusters granting a free Pilot Only maneuver (3 Advantage) or even just a Boost die to the pilot's next Piloting check or a Setback die to an enemy's next Gunnery check (2 Advantage).

Another answered question by Sam:

QUESTION:

Help understanding two weapon fighting. If I am using 2 blasters damage 7 and roll 3 successes with 2 advantages trigger my second weapon, does the 3 successes add damage to both blasters (10 damage for each hit), or just the first blaster, or do I split the successes up?

ANSWER:

To answer your question, the three successes would add +3 damage to both hits with blasters, the same as blast damage, auto-fire, and linked (or any ability that lets you generate multiple hits with one attack). Dual-wielding blasters is more difficult, but the tradeoff is you can do some serious damage to a person.

Hope this helps!

Sam Stewart
Senior RPG Producer
Fantasy Flight Games

Edited by archon007

Asked Sam how multiple ranks of Durable work.

Got an answer from Sam Stewart, gotta love the responsiveness of these guys!

My e-mail:

"How do multiple ranks of the talent Durable work? I notice the talent says may, so I assume you can use it as a choice, and choose not to use it. If I have 3 ranks of Durable, and am critted with a result of 90, what happens?

A: Durable isn't an option and I suffer the crit result of a roll of 60.

B: Durable is an option and I may suffer the crit result of a roll of 90 or 60.

C: Durable is an option, and each rank may be activated or not discreetly, and I may suffer a crit result of 90, 80, 70, or 60.

Thank you very much for your time. I've been enjoying playing this game you have worked so hard to create."

His response:

"Interesting question. Durable is a optional talent, although in most cases, activating it is going to be a good idea! However, when you choose to use Durable, you must reduce the Critical effect by 10 plus all ranks of Durable purchased. In other words, your option B is correct.
I hope this helps!
Sam"