How Does One Start (Looking in DFW TX area)?

By jesterhawk, in A Game of Thrones LCG

Hello,

So, eons ago when the Game of Thrones card game was a collectible card game, I had a friend in the area and we played the game like crazy. Loved it. My friend moved away and then I got money strapped and sold my old cards. Which wouldn't amount to much anyway now that the game is an LCG.

So I have two questions. If I was to play again, how would I even get started with so much out and would I even have a chance given the amount of cards I would not be able to purchase right off the bat?

Second, I am in the DFW area (close to the DFW Airport), is there players out here to play with? Are they not teenagers (sorry but I tried to stay in the game when my friend left and the local store had a couple of teenagers and being then in my thirties, now forties, it was not a good experience)? What would be ideal was if there was a couple who played where then I could get my wife to play again (she played before but prefered multiplayer games with her, me and my friend).

Anyway, I thought I would throw this out there and see what is what.

Thanks in advance,

JH

Hello,

So, eons ago when the Game of Thrones card game was a collectible card game, I had a friend in the area and we played the game like crazy. Loved it. My friend moved away and then I got money strapped and sold my old cards. Which wouldn't amount to much anyway now that the game is an LCG.

So I have two questions. If I was to play again, how would I even get started with so much out and would I even have a chance given the amount of cards I would not be able to purchase right off the bat?

Second, I am in the DFW area (close to the DFW Airport), is there players out here to play with? Are they not teenagers (sorry but I tried to stay in the game when my friend left and the local store had a couple of teenagers and being then in my thirties, now forties, it was not a good experience)? What would be ideal was if there was a couple who played where then I could get my wife to play again (she played before but prefered multiplayer games with her, me and my friend).

Anyway, I thought I would throw this out there and see what is what.

Thanks in advance,

JH

Hi Jesterhawk, I am a new player looking to play online via OCTGN and Skype (I'm in Maine). I am also in my 40s. I have read the rules pdf, and have ordered a core set to get familiar with the game. Perhaps we could play some core set games, then gradually ramp up with some expansions? My Skype name is Eric_B.

Anybody interested in helping a new player play as described above, please feel free to PM me.

I can't use OCTGN as I am on a MAC. I appreciate the offer.

I spoke with my wife today and she actually wants to play this game again. I am pysched. Now, if I could find some other players in the area.

JH

Area 51 in Grapevine just recently started some league play with the main night being Mondays around 6:30-7:00 pm start.

I am looking at coming out. Just had my car go out and $500 later I am a bit short on things. But I will be out as soon as I can. Probably another couple weeks as next week I have my daughter move in for college.

Thanks!!

Madness Games and Comics in Plano also has a pretty large group that plays regularly on saturday afternoons.

Ok, so I am back. Life kind of batted me around a bit and I was not able to start like I wanted too. The good news is that my wife is interested in playing with me as well in a casual fun setting. And my birthday is next week and I told everyone I want GOT LCG Core set plus whatever else they want. So I am thinking I will be able to start next week and am really excited.

WOOHOO!

So are there any players around?

LoL. Did you check the Find Players Nearby thread onf CardGameDB.com?

Hey sir, we have a pretty good meta in the DFW area. Some of us meet at Area 51 in Grapevine on monday evenings. Many other meet at Madness Games & Comics in Plano on Sundays. Most of us are in our 20s, 30s and some 40s. Please send me a message if you are still interested.

Edited by LordRevan

My fiancee and I just started playing and would like to meet other people that play the game. We are from the dfw area.

Can someone add the meta to this map ?

Thanks!