Form Fillable Character Sheet PDF

By Tom Cruise, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

Considering I play exclusively online, having PDF form versions of character sheets is practically a necessity for me. I couldn't find one for this (not that I expected much at such short notice), so I made it myself.

It's based on the PDF sheet found in the pinned thread at the top of this board, and should work fine in any PDF reader (I prefer Foxit, although it'll definitely look best in Adobe's software). If you spot any issues that need fixing, just post 'em here, it should be easy to fix.

Have fun!

Nice one, thank you!

Beautiful. Second FoxIt reader.

If you have time and inclination, it would be great if you could make a similar sheet for NPC/Monsters using the abbreviated statistic block provided in the book

I can probably knock that up pretty quick, yeah. I might do it tomorrow.

Edited by Tom Cruise

Thanks!

Beautiful work. I'm impressed.

If you don't mind my asking, what did you create this in?

Adobe Acrobat X. Pretty much the easiest way to approach making forms, it automates half the work for you.

Thanks for this. Just posted it for use in my Skype game

Awesome, glad to see it getting use outside of my games. Just give me a shout if anything's broken, I can easily make changes.

Cool thanks again!

Awesome, glad to see it getting use outside of my games. Just give me a shout if anything's broken, I can easily make changes.

Is it just me, or is the font really small almost everywhere? Characteristics and weapons (except the Special Qualities field) are fine, but everything else is tiny.

The tab order also seems a little wonky. I don't know if that's something that can be fixed, or if it's the reader that handles it?

Other than that, awesome work. Appreciate it! :)

I'm fairly sure the tab order is down to the reader, although I could be wrong (might look into this, actually).

If you prefer a larger font, I can easily make the change. I generally err on the side of smallness because I prefer to be able to cram in as much as possible.

Doesn't the font auto-scale to become smaller with more content, though?

I noticed this especially for the talents lines and fate boxes, but I think it's a problem in a lot of fields. I can try and have a look and list them when I get home from work. Basically, I can't read what it says unless I zoom to 150%. There's a large margin around the text.

Yeah, I've just never been a huge fan of the auto-scaling, it's a bit unappealing visually. I'm really picky about this stuff :P

Anyway, just list what you want made bigger and I can change it, shouldn't take me too long at all.

The font size for Gear and Psychic Powers is fine. The following all seem to have about the same space in the document, but have a much smaller font. If these could be increased to be just like Gear, that'd be a huge help:

• All of the fields at the top (Player Name through Mementos)
  • Mental Traumas
  • Malignancies
  • Talents & Traits

Experience (both fields), Fate Points (again, both) and Fatigue all have a ton of unused space. These could be much bigger.

The Special Quality field of the first weapon slot, mysteriously, has a much smaller font than the other two. If it was brought in line, that'd be awesome.

Also, all of the weapon fields start very close to the title. It'd be nice to have a little whitespace on the left, to separate them. It's easily done by entering a space before your value, but it'd be nice to have it built-in.

Thanks again for putting in the work!

Awsome sheet but could you make a version with a white bagground?