Is this the core rule book, similar to the nWod?

By peterstepon, in Dark Heresy Second Edition Beta

They say that they will not convert the new game lines, but is this going to be a core rule book similar to the blue book of the new world of darkness? I imagine that an expansion for playing Astartes would be just an expansion and not a new core book. Any thoughts?

Howdy,

No. This will be a game for the Inquisition exacly like the previous DH game. The other games in the 40K RPG line will NOT be getting rule changes like this.

Which, as these changes are pretty extreme, is rather odd.

Cheers,

Ken

So I like the new character gen rules with a few exceptions (mainly that psykers have to have one specific background in order to be sanctioned) The way skills are laid out is great but I do agree that both the armory and the combat system need work. I suppose before i make any rash judgments on if it needs to be scrapped or not I would like a blog post or something explaining why the changes to the combat system were necessary. It does seem odd that by shooting someone now they get conditions instead of say just dying outright from a sniper rifle. Perhaps we could get clarifications on this and why the swap to the action point system to help cool the vitrol. I know these take time to post but even a post just saying that FFG is willing to talk or not talk about it would be helpful.